Curious

Arthur was annoyed.

He never imagined that his arrival in the Chaldea would be so agitated. He had answered the call of the summons, ending his hunt to help his new master. But maybe he should have thought twice?

He silently endured the surprised and indescribable looks of the Chaldea staff, obviously expecting his female counterpart.

Ritsuka, after quickly introducing himself, explained to him what was making everyone so nervous. It seems that the only time they met the King of Knights was in a burning Fuyuki where she had been corrupted by the Grail. Which meant that with Arthur's current appearance, a man had caused doubts about the state of the King of Knights... but obviously, they had absolutely nothing to fear from him.

It was after he made a demonstration with a graceful bow to Ritsuka and pledged his allegiance to him that tensions eased around him and he had finally noticed his presence.

This presence was so familiar and so dangerous, that holding Excalibur made his wrist itch before he even met his eyes.

A presence that gives him goosebumps, a powerful aura capable of making anyone bend, a look so penetrating that it took a will as strong as a god to be able to sustain the look.

Him.

When their eyes met, he thought he saw the same as Tokyo's, as unpredictable and fierce as his former opponent. But instead, it was even worse, it was a version even more dangerous than him, even more deadly...

The urge to draw Excalibur became even more pressing. Especially when he noticed the changing gaze of the King of Heroes.

Indeed, the moment he saw Arthur, he seemed particularly bewildered and surprised. But his eyebrows crossed the next moment, indignant and accusatory, as if he had just been given an intolerable offense.

Simultaneously, the air around the golden king rippled to show golden halos and the wind began to pick up around Arthur's hand. A simple look, without a word, without a sound... they were going to fight right here before any rational thought could cross their minds. Arthur had his reasons, but what were his?

Alarmed, Ritsuka immediately rushed in front of the King of Heroes as a barrier and spoke quickly to introduce Arthur as a completely different Servant than the King of Knights of this world. The rest of his words seemed to vanish into thin air, as if the fight that would be broken out was more important than the rational explanations of a teenager.

However, it was Gilgamesh who lowered his arms first, crossing his arms and raising his chin with superior air. He then smiled a particularly provocative smile, leering at Arthur as if he was just a joke in fate.

The wind around Arthur's hand disappeared and he calmed his guard as he watched the King of Heroes slip out of the summoning room, as if he had sensed the unwelcome and massive arrival of a number of Servants to welcome Arthur.

Ritsuka sighed and took one last look at the King of Knights who remained silent until his welcoming committee arrived.

-

Arthur had been in Chaldea for some time now and he particularly liked the place. It was really nice to have so many allies he could rely on and to have such a caring Master with his Servants. The King of Knights had sympathized with most of the inhabitants of the structure and a friendly feeling had generally formed around him. Maybe more for some.

He was happy and a little disappointed to meet Mash. Galahad's presence in her was strong, but he wished he could talk to him and feel less alone as a knight of the round table. But he was still very friendly towards her. Mash was a brave girl with her own personality. He had this feeling that he could consider her a reliable sister in arms.