Someone Forgot to Turn on a Switch

Kuroko wasn't certain how much time had passed since he and Aomine separated from everyone else. Was the game over yet? He didn't know and at this moment he didn't care. He and Aomine had adjusted positions and were lying on the floor their face up to the sky, Aomine's arm under Kuroko's head.

At this moment, Kuroko felt that all was right with the world. 

He turned on his side and snuggled closer to Aomine. Aomine looked down at him, their noses touched and Kuroko held his breath. He wanted the way he felt about Aomine to never change. 10 years from now, he still wanted his heart to skip a bit every time Aomine's dark eyes pierced his.

The moment got interrupted when Aomine's ringer went off. He silenced it. Thrice that number had called since they had been outside and thrice Aomine had silenced it. Kuroko felt like he should ask but he was worried about the answer. What if it was someone else?

Kuroko thought back to what Midorima had said earlier. It made sense. Kise's sister had the one thing Aomine wanted in his lovers - big boobs. 

"Why don't you answer the phone, Aomine-kun?"

"I don't want to talk to her right now"

So it was a 'her'. 

Aomine sensed Kuroko's mood and before Kuroko could drown in his thoughts and threaten some poor woman to a one-on-one, he quickly clarified.

"She wants me to tutor her kid in basketball. It will take a lot of time and even though she's offering a lot of money, I don't want to do it."

"Why not?"

"I don't have the patience for snotty-nosed brats" 

Kuroko touched Aomine's face softly and said "I think you'd make a great tutor. You're very patient and also observant."

"Ah? What makes you say that?"

"You thought me to shoot when no one else could. You noticed something about my style that no one else did. You were also very patient with me. You are a great teacher, Aomine-kun"

"Tch" Aomine said as he turned his face to the side so Kuroko wouldn't catch the reddening of his cheeks. "Well, there are some big names involved so I might not get it. The final selection is tomorrow, she keeps calling to confirm I'll be there."

"You're also a big name, Aomine-kun. And even if you weren't, maybe the others won't be able to show up because their trains were late and then it would be just you"

"How would all their trains be late?"

"Maybe someone forgot to turn on a switch because his dog had food poisoning and he was worried"

Aomine looked at Kuroko's serious face and laughed from his lungs.

"Ah yes. That could really happen"

"Wow you two look quite cozy" a voice said.

Aomine and Kuroko turned to the side to see Kise standing there just watching them.

"Also, Aominecchi, why don't you just sleep with her to get a spot since it's what you're good at"

Aomine ground his teeth and said "What do you want, Kise?"

Kise smiled and said "well I wanted to talk to Kurokochi. Akashi says he's been trying to reach you but you won't pick his calls"

Kuroko took his phone out of his pocket and stared at it "My phone didn't ring"

Aomine was running out of patience "Oi, Kise! If that's all you came to say then you can leave now."

"Don't be so mean, Aominecchi. We have to get a bar of chocolate because Midorimacchi is throwing a fit"

Kise was met with Aomine and Kuroko's blank stares. He understood their confusion. Murasakibara was more likely to throw a fit over chocolate.

"Aomine-cchi remember the chocolate Murasakibara was eating while Kuroko valiantly defended the right to beat your meat"

"Kise" Aomine said warningly

"Well apparently he took the chocolate from Murasakibaracchi's pocket and it's supposed to be the lucky item for the day. So I offered to go buy another one and I wanted Kuroko-cchi's company"

"Why don't you go buy it yourself, Kise? Maybe you'll run into one of your fangirls on the way"

"Don't be mean Aomine-cchi"

"Its okay" Kuroko said. "I don't mind going with him. The convenience store is not far from here"

Aomine made to stop Kuroko but he heard someone shout his name. He stood up to look at who it was and saw Bokuto. He shouted "Aomine! There's meat. Let's drink"

Aomine shouted "Shut up. You're so loud. You'll disturb the neighbors"

"No, Aomine-kun. Your voice was louder"

Aomine looked at Kuroko, warmly patted his hair, and said "Don't take too long, Tetsu"

Aomine took off his other slipper and walked barefoot back to the house.

Kise looked at Aomine's retreating back and said "Must be nice"

__