Perfect

Alina never wanted to be here. She never wanted to fight a war. She never wanted to fight the first man to show her love, for her.

In hindsight, Alina supposed Aleksander had been manipulating her. But sometimes, she really wasn't sure. The way he'd look at her in her dreams, or when their bond kicked in, the sad look he'd give her, the look of longing.

There was one time, she'd been injured in training and Aleks had almost lost it, she'd watched him panic and want to help, but not want to push her away by trying to touch her.

Today, she stood out on the little palace grounds, Aleks walking beside her, though she knew only she could hear, or see him.

"The Tsar is getting angry Sasha. He will endanger more Geisha soon.."

"I know. You understand now why I wished to kill him Alya?" Alina quietly nodded.

"I do. And I wish for that too." Out of the corner of her eye, Alina saw him pause.

"Elaborate"

"I can't kill him, my powers put the spotlight on me, and I'm still working on cloaking myself. You're abilities allow you to hide in the shadows of a room, unseen. Besides, you have a lot of powerful Grisha with you." Alina moved to stand infront of him.

"Bring them here and I will sneak you into the little palace myself. I will let you kill the Tsar."

"Will you let me make you my queen?"

"Yes, I will. Only if you promise I can be your true equal, no more lies Sasha."

"It will take me time to remind myself not to, but that is something I can promise you."

"Good. How long will it take you to get here." She watched him rub the back of his neck awkwardly, then flicker away.

"Not long at all.. we're already here." Alina turned, and there stood Aleksander, though this time she knew he was real. Her eyes widened and she ran towards him, launching at him for a hug.

Aleks stumbled, and ended up falling back onto the ground. He smiled softly and hugged Alina tightly.

"I missed you, you ancient brooding dumbass" Aleks choked down his laughter at her statement. Alina looked up at him, smiling brightly.

"I'm here now, Lapushka" he smiled. Alina grabbed the collar of his Kefta and pulled him down, kissing him passionately. It was only the clearing of Ivan's throat that got her to pull away.

"Hello Ivan"

"Miss. Starlova" he nodded his head.

"Fedyor misses you. He'll be happy to have you home." Ivan looked a little shocked at her words, but nodded.

Alina stood and helped Aleks to his feet.

"I know a tunnel that leads to the war room from the forest." Aleks spoke. "Shall we make use of it?"

Alina nodded, and the group of Grisha followed.

That evening, Alina was called before the Tsar. The Grisha knew of the plan, only a few protested at first, but they hadn't argued much after seeing Alina was certain.

Aleksander and his grisha hid amongst those already at the palace. Aleks hid among the Corporalki, in a red Kefta.

Alina bowed infront of the Tsar, and hated every second.

"Sun Summoner. An idea has been proposed to me." He didn't wait for her comment. "You are to marry my son, Vacily, to unite the Grisha, and Ravka." A lot of things happened at once, The Darkling revealed himself by cutting off the Tsars head, the Grisha killed the guards, and made sure the nobles couldn't escape.