Chapter 3:

Kim Dokja eventually found himself in a spacious room. It was lit by the stars and moon outside. He paused in the middle of the room, looking around.

'Where am I?' The question constantly tormented him. Kim Dokja averted his eyes to the cabinet in between the large glass window that almost opened the entire wall for the view outside.

He hurriedly pushed himself to go near the window, and sit in the small space in between the window and the cabinet. Kim Dokja pulled the curtain till the large bunch was in front of him, and curled his body.

"Kim Dokja!" There were shouts, but he couldn't bring his body to move.

He tried to urge himself to be like Yoo Joonghyuk, to do what his protagonist would do. Be brave and confront.

Kim Dokja huddled himself tighter.

'Who were these people?'

He bit down on his lower lip and turned his head to the window.

The clouds outside had little light in them now, and they projected some onto the land. Kim Dokja swallowed hard as he gazed around.

The question, 'where am I?' Became literal. Was he in Seoul? He had to be. These people spoke comprehensively.

Though... his heart still beated like it had gone rabid, and he looked at the land. much of it was demolished.

Broken buildings... cracked grounds, as if something abysmal had occurred. He quickly hurried his head in his arms. 'How old am I to act like this again?' He asked himself. What is wrong with this place?

However, his mind continued to make worse scenarios. Kim Dokja gulped and let out a wavered breath as footsteps echoed further.

He bit his tongue as their footsteps resounded through the other clear corridors—just how big was this place?

Kim Dokja peeked quickly out. The two journalists were talking with each other and the doctor.

He his back and closed his eyes to listen carefully to the footsteps.

When they shifted, he glanced back out, and saw that the three of them had parted ways to look in the corridor, leaving the steps clear.

'Are there any more people up there?'

His lips quivered in thought, and Kim Dokja got on a single knee, ready to run. 'Damn these glass walls.'

The one behind him wasn't glass, but many of the walls were. He swallowed, 'if I were to die here... what would I regret?'

He knitted his brows.

'TWSA... I can't die.'

He swallowed again and stood up, he slowly made his way to the couch—slow cat steps that he had mastered over circumstances.

Kim Dokja moved his legs as fast as he could, bolting up the stairs. He hadn't experienced such fear for a while. When was the last time he had run for shelter?

Dark memories played out in his mind and he collapsed on the top step. 'Rasp... rasp... ' he stood up and moved quickly through the hallway.

To his disappointment, many of the rooms were transparent, and office rooms. He found himself unable to take a deep breath as he walked briskly through the hallway—

—Slam!

He flinched and froze.

"Who...?"

Kim Dokja turned around to see a girl with an annoyed and sleepy expression. She looked at Dokja with squinted eyes. Then she slapped her cheeks with both hands, and whispered, "ahjussi?"