Chapter 7:

Lee Gilyoung shook his head. "■■." 

The censored answer was correct, but he obviously didn't know what it was.

[The Constellation Demon-like Judge of Fire is crying at the cuteness]

Kim Dokja nodded at the boy. Shin Yoosung peeked into a room, and saw it was empty. She motioned for the boy who ran to her side. The two of them opened the fridge and took out the dumplings.

"Open the microwave," they snapped in Kim Dokja's direction.

'Smuggling dumplings?'

Kim Dokja opened the microwave uneasily, it barely made a noise. He took the plate from their hands, and placed it in the microwave, closing the door. He pressed a button and then silently set the timer to 30 seconds.

"Ooh! Hyung you have to teach me that." The boy shouted.

Shin Yoosung smacked the back of his head. "Oppa don't."

"Oww! What was that for?"

"It was for you." Shin Yoosung crossed her hands.

—Beep, beep.

Kim Dokja opened the microwave, took the plate of dumplings out, and placed them on the counter for the kids. He closed the door afterward.

"Hyung should try these." The boy picked the plate up, walking into a room. Shin Yoosung shouted, "we're going to my room!"

"Too bad."

This room, too, was warm and bright. There was a collection of bugs sitting on the shelves of cabinets.

Kim Dokja finally asked the boy, "what's your name?"

The boy placed the plate of dumplings on the empty nightstand. "Lee Gilyoung...hyung."

Kim Dokja sat on the carpet near the plate of dumplings, and leaned against the wall. "Um...how did I meet you?"

Lee Gilyoung got off the bed and sat beside Kim Dokja, quickly moving to grab himself a dumpling. "You saved me in a subway." The boy said, breaking the dumplings into three pieces and giving one to him and Shin Yoosung.

Shin Yoosung looked surprised.

Kim Dokja accepted the dumpling.

Lee Gilyoung took a bite and told him, "by killing my crickets."

Kim Dokja paused in the midst of taking a bite, he lowered the dumpling and muttered, "sorry."

"Without that neither of us would've survived." Lee Gilyoung muttered. "Also, Joonghyuk hyung made these."

Kim Dokja took a bite of the dumpling. It was too good. "Murim dumplings?" He suddenly asked.

Both the kids nodded.

"Oppa's master helped him make these. She said these were your favorite." Shin Yoosung smiled.

'Favorite?'

'My older self still liked this?'

Kim Dokja exhaled and pursed his lips again. If truly... this was his future... How was his older self?

Was he thanking these people for giving meaning to his life... was he sobbing as he met the protagonist? Kim Dokja inwardly smiled.

He brought his legs close to his chest and asked, "how was my older self like?"

"Amazing." Shin Yoosung said.

"The best." Lee Gilyoung smiled as he helped himself another dumpling.