Chapter 5:

(Tw) talk of suicide/Mentioned

---

"It's quiet," Kim Dokja commented. 

Jung Heewon took Lee Hyunsung's hand and walked over to where the highschooler stood. She sat down and let her legs dangle off the edge. Lee Hyunsung sat beside her.

The two waited for Kim Dokja to sit, but he hesitated. Though he eventually sat down away from the edge. As for conversation, Lee Hyunsung asked, "how was Seoul back then?"

The boy gave up keeping his legs extended, and folded them close to his chest. "It is busy."

"Hm."

"Dark, noisy, annoying, peaceful sometimes, dull," Kim Dokja shrugged. "But just heavy in general."

Jung Heewon wondered if something was wrong with this kid. That was the description she'd use to describe the city when she worked as bartenders in various bars. Noisy... dark. 

They sat in awkward silence, before Kim Dokja spoke again, "this still feels like a lucid dream."

Jung Heewon looked out and noticed the top of a building's railing fall. "If it was?" She asked, her voice rhetorical. Obviously. It would be almost impossible to accept that this was their future. A destructed city... that once stood with pride.

"Then I'd confess many things." The younger Kim Dokja shivered and straightened his back.

Lee Hyunsung didn't like the gloominess that loomed over them. "Do you like anyone?" He asked to divert the mood. "Like have a crush?"

It was an ironic attempt to push the controversy from serious to calming.

Kim Dokja looked at him and averted his eyes. Lee Hyunsung laughed as he saw the small blush forming over his cheeks.

"Hm, yeah."

Lee Hyunsung stopped laughing and nudged Jung Heewon. "Who's it?"

Kim Dokja sighed.

Lee Hyunsung wondered if he would be able to tease Kim Dokja about his response later.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"It's Lee Jihye, of course... if this is a dream you would know."

The two adults once again felt a pang in their hearts. "She's strong, cute, and well...wonderful in general." Kim Dokja looked down sadly. "Too bad she isn't real." Fantasizing was one thing... but for someone his age, it was quite saddening.

Both Jung Heewon and Lee Hyunsung glanced at the boy. "You...don't like anyone in your school or so?"

Kim Dokja shrugged. "I'm not particularly likable, you see..."

[The Constellation Demon-like Judge of Fire is tearing up]

[The Constellation Demon-like Judge of Fire is shaking her head]

[The Constellation Master of Steel feels pity]

Jung Heewon got up and sat down next to Kim Dokja. She flicked his forehead and sighed. "You sound like a nice guy." Lee Hyunsung followed her, "that's right Dokja-ssi—I mean, Dokja."

Kim Dokja looked at them half-heartedly and then looked at the edge of the building. "I guess it's the things I've done then."

Jung Heewon ruffled his hair and moved the bangs out of his eyes. "You know...you can tell us."