Donovan, Not Davison

There was a lot of yelling. Harper had almost been escorted out of the hospital until she pulled the Delaney card and started laying down the rules of the treatment Leslie would be receiving.

"Leslie should be able to leave in a few days. I'll be back tomorrow to make sure your vitals are okay," Harper said as she tossed the gloves away.

"Thanks, sweetheart," Leslie said.

Harper looked at Art, "You gonna be okay?"

He inhaled, "Yeah. After I get some coffee, I'll be just fine."

"Shit'll kill you," Harper commented as she headed toward the door. "Let me know if anything happens."

Tim had to drive home. Harper was half asleep when they got to the bedroom. She didn't bother changing, just taking off her jeans and getting in the bed, snuggling against Tim. She preferred this to their earlier position. His button up was oddly soft and loose enough for the collar to not bother her. Even though he was laying next to her, she could absorb his scent mixed with whatever cologne he was using. She wasn't entirely sure he used it.

"Hey, Firefly?"

"Hm?"

She looked up at him, smiling a bit as he kissed her.

"Goodnight," he muttered against her lips.

"Night."

She wouldn't describe her life as being on cloud 9. Not yet, at least. She trusted Tim more than she had trusted anyone. That alone felt exhilarating.

"Firefly, you need to sleep," Tim said quietly.

"Why are you awake?" She asked him.

"I'm making sure you're alright."

"I'm fine. Just a lot on my mind."

He moved his fingers through her hair, "What's going on?"

"I'm...okay. For once, I'm not worried and I'm safe. I'm not used to it, and it's putting me on edge."

"Go to sleep," he encouraged gently as he gingerly massaged her scalp.

He repeated it a few times, Harper desperately fighting the sleep just to hear his voice. Her hand rested on his tags and he placed his hand on hers. She slowly started fading as his voice disappeared into his breathing and steady heartbeat.

Tim couldn't sleep past 6:30, and it annoyed Harper. She wanted him to stay by her and keep her warm, but he left to take a shower. It was inconsiderate.

When they got to the courthouse, Harper was in a bad mood. Tim's mood wasn't at its peak, either, but nothing had happened between them. The morning radio was gossiping about the trial.

"I'll visit at lunch," he said when the elevator opened to leave her at the basement.

His lingering kiss almost caused her to pull him out of the elevator, but she decided to let it go for now. There was no doubt she loved him. Once she could say it, she would be able to accept that he would be a target for the Delaneys until she won the fight. She wouldn't suffer from the worry or second guess their relationship. She had no reason to doubt, but with how often anyone in her family could suddenly meddle in her affairs, she didn't want to risk it. It was the second time she was choosing her own happiness over the safety of others.

Tim came back with lunch, smiling as he handed her something Rachel had brought. Harper wasn't insulted by the salad, but she did pick at Tim for giving her the smaller meal.

"Do normal people laugh in a morgue?" Raylan asked as he entered.

"Normal people knock before walking in," Harper said. "Especially since the light is on. Always knock when the light's on."