the piano and pianist

306

swift fingers each tap a note and continue to the next. they get quicker and quicker after each day of sitting at the instrument and playing the same notes. elegantly playing and composing all for one upcoming day.

A big stage with red curtains that are drawn back, lights all shine at the piano and the player. Previously swift fingers are almost hesitant when the curtains backing away make hundreds of eyes watching visible. A hesitation which will fade once a song is played however.
Music takes over and the only thing that seems to be real to a musician is the piano and the music, and nothing more. Rhythms which cannot be stopped once they have begun.
A long composition. Though disappeared to the musician, the eyes watch with awe as this is the first time hearing such a melody.
A day that seems to affect everyone, the audience with the emotions after hearing such a tune, that brought out feelings they've never felt, and the pianist as to show the talent they've put so much hard work into with the world.
With a finishing note, fingers having no notes to play, the eyes of the audience are made aware now without the music. With the moment of silence, its almost as if the artist had no memory of the quality of his work, from being so consumed and focused by what was being played, not having time to think about each note.
The silence was a moment of still awe in the air, and when the audience gives an applause, its a congratulating noise that tells that the performance was completely remarkable.
Standing up and smiling wide for the camera lenses, as a roaring noise from the audience continues, its clear all the practice day after day ended up being worth all the troubles.

blue lips
regina spektor