Forget The Donuts, Tell Her You Love Her

Tim POV

He was shocked, to say the least. He had a hard time believing that it was real. Was she kissing him? Did that mean everything he hoped it did? Of course, it does you, idiot, forget the donuts, why else would she be kissing you? He reacted, just as she asked him to. He pressed his lips against her with an urgency and a need that he hadn't felt... ever. His hands wove into her dark hair, pulling her closer with an urgency and a need he had never felt before.

He would never be able to recall the exact moment he had fallen for Lucy Chen. But it had happened. He needed her by his side every day like he needed oxygen. The job just wasn't the same when she took a day off. Well, his life just wasn't the same when she wasn't around. If there was any such thing as a good drug, she was it. She embodied sunshine, purity, and beauty in the most intoxicating combination. He had gotten hooked. He would never know just when he had fallen for her. But he would admit he had been in love with her for quite some time. Except, that must be the answer she had been trying to elicit out of him for the past ten minutes. All of which he had been too focused on getting those dang donuts. Forget the donuts you imbecile, tell her you love her. It was Angela's voice in his head. It pissed him off. He was about to tell her anyway. He did not need subconscious Angela egging him on. 

She broke away first. "Wait. Tim. I need to know what this means to you. I can't-" "I love you, Lucy." He could see the tears forming in her eyes. "Hey," he said softly, "I mean it. Okay? I don't know, well, I guess I can infer what you feel. I'm not playing with you, Lucy. I would never do that. Just because I'm not good at talking about emotions doesn't mean I'm incapable of feeling them or showing them."

"I love you too Tim Bradford."

Hearing her say that was more than enough compensation for the little attention he ended up giving those donuts.