We Were Just Kids When We Fell In Love (Part Two)

TW//Restraint, Gun Violence, Knives, Mentions of Suicide

Word Count: 836 

It couldn't have been Wanda. Y/N was sure of it. I mean sure, the girl in the green jacket looked a lot like her, but how would she know? It's been years.

Before Captain America could say something to Rumlow, the man took his mask off and showed his face. It was burned severely and horribly. It wasn't a pleasant sight. Y/N could barely look at his face, she was ashamed of course, but Brock understood.

As a father, Rumlow wasn't bad. He was a good teacher, but just had bad views of what justice was.

With Y/N's ears still ringing, she couldn't hear a lot of Brock's whispers. All she knew was that he had said something to piss the Captain off that he had started to grab him by his armor. The Y/H/C resisted the urge to help the only person she saw as family remembering his directions to stay put.

"Who's your buyer?" Rogers asked in a threatening voice.

Rumlow laughed. Y/N knew why. Brock had told her who the buyer was. James Buchanan Barnes. An old friend of Captain America.

The man with the burned face accepted his defeat and told Rogers everything. 

"RUN, Y/N!" Rumlow yelled giving Y/N the signal to run before he set off the hand grenade he had in his hand.

Wanda perked her head up recognizing your name before containing the explosion from the bomb to just Brock. Rogers turned his head in surprise. Y/N ran out from behind the flipped over van and jumped over the stone fence.

The redhead woman saw you and whispered, "Y/N?".

Rumlow yelled in pain before Wanda threw him in the nearest building out of shock. The side of the building caught on fire and started crumbling.

"Oh my god..." Wanda could feel all of her emotions leaving her body. She killed people. She destroyed a building. But she killed people.

Just then Sam Wilson had knocked out Y/N while she was watching the building go into flames knowing what just happened to her "dad".

- Time-skip to when the Avengers get back from the mission -

The Avengers immediately took Y/N into the medical center when they saw the light wounds on her. When Bruce, a curly haired doctor/superhuman, diagnosed her as another superhuman with powers like Wanda, the team put her in a glass prison that was previously used for Loki and put a collar on her that restricted her from using her powers without harming her.

"Yo, could I get like an Uncrustables or something?" Y/N had asked loudly towards the camera with the blinking light when she finally woke up.

There was no response and she sighed before lying on the ground.

There was no furniture in the glass prison, but she was honestly fine with it. The ground was actually good for her bad posture. 

She tried to remember everything that happened before she got to the compound and she teared up thinking about it. The only adult she had in her life and was close to was gone. The man who taught her how to live... was dead. 

Ironic, wasn't it?

Y/N laid like this submerged into her thoughts for a few more minutes before a familiar redhead walked into the glass cell holding a tray of food.

"I missed you, Y/N..." Wanda whispered. She set the tray down and sat down criss-crossed in front of the locked door that needed a fingerprint to exit.

Y/N sat up and stared into Wanda's eyes that were full of fear, grief, and guilt. 

"It's really you, huh." Y/N said.

Wanda nodded and sunk her head in her hands.

"What were you doing in Lagos with Rumlow?" She asked with tears in her eyes. The redhead had never gotten over the way she killed almost hundreds of people just by launching the enemy into the nearest building all because she was in shock.

Y/N glanced at the camera and back at Wanda before deciding to keep quiet. She was already being treated as a criminal just by Brock telling her to run. It was best for her to not be seen as a national threat.

"I was... visiting?" I shrugged. 

"After all these years, you're still a horrible liar." She laughed quietly.

Y/N nodded in agreement. Everyone who knew her knew that she sucked at lying. Rumlow tried to help, but even he couldn't.

"I heard you asking for an Uncrustable." Wanda said before tossing a PB&J Uncrustable towards Y/N.

Y/N took a deep breath, remembering all those times in Sokovia where whenever she went to the Maximoff house, she always ate some of those same sandwiches with the twins.

"I thought you were dead, Wands."

Wanda smiled solemnly.

"I could say the same for you."

They sit in silence for a while before Y/N talked about her favorite memory from their childhood.

"Remember the first time I went to your house with an Uncrustable I stole." 

Wanda laughed.

"Your mom was so surprised and scolded the shit outta me. She ended up offering to buy me some herself." 

Once again, the redhead laughed.

Y/N always loved her best friend's laugh. 

In fact, Y/N was always in love with her best friend.