Chapter 1: Awakened

KAI'S POV

"Zane's been sleeping in a lot lately," Jay said, completely exhausted from last night's training.

"I've noticed that, too!" I agreed, trying to stretch the knots out of my back.

"He'd better have a good reason for it this time," Lloyd yawned. "I don't want to be the one to yank him out of his bed, because if I do, it's going to hurt."

ZANE'S POV

New Ninjago City is beautiful in the fall. Perhaps I should go to the monastery to bring everyone outside to watch the sunset. As I return home, I look in the direction of the sun and see it partially covered in something black. Suddenly, I see it moving towards me, engulfing me in its dark shadows. I scream for my friends, but the mysterious cloud chokes me and restrainsme from making any sound. I feel like I'm... falling.

COLE'S POV

"AUUUGGH!" I hear a scream. Turning around, I find Zane cucooned in his sheets, sprawled on the floor.

"Well, look who's awake?" I said tauntingly. He gives me a dirty look and pries the blankets from his legs.

"Looks like Zane savedme the trouble of tugging him from his bed," Lloyd chuckled.

"Sorry to 'fall in' at a time like this but I was trapped in a vision. Or dream, however you would call it," he mumbled, still half asleep.

"Is that your excuse for today's sleep-in?" Jay questioned.

"Ease off guys. Let him wake up and tell us about it," Kai suggested.