Chapter 8: Dead to the World

Jay's POV

The dojo seems duller now that Zane is gone. Everyone seems to have just.... died. I cry at night when the sun sets, because Zane always invites me outside to watch it. I still carry on the tradition.

"Hey, guys! I have a phone call. No noise, please and thank you," Lloyd warned.

"Hello, this is Lloyd," he answered.

"I know who you are. This is General Cryptor, and the Overlord has a message for you," the caller replied.

"And what is that?" Lloyd questioned.

"If you wish to take Zane back, you are welcome to come get him. Just be wary, however. I'm telling you now, it won't be easy," Cryptor informed us.

"We have a message for the Overlord. Tell him we will be arriving shortly for our brother, and leaving with him, injured or not," Kai hollered. Then Lloyd hung up.

"Wait a second. I find this a bit suspicious," Cole muttered.

"What do you mean?" Kai asked.

"Don't you think they only called because it's a trap, airhead? They want us to go after Zane! That way, the Overlord can get to Lloyd," Cole realized.

"He's right. Lloyd shouldn't go, for the sake of his safety," I agreed.

"Alright, I'll stay. I don't want to jeopardize Zane's life, or mine," he told us.