Chapter 4: Enemies

New Month, New chapter. ~ And happy year of the Dragon 🐉

Note: Future Frosts Comments are in Italic.

Chapter 4: Enemies

Three. In every group, there are always the main three. Movies and books always had groups of three. To name a few, the three musketeers, Charlie's angels, Harry Potter/Hermione/Ron Wesley, even Batsy, Supes and the Wonder Woman. You get the point. (What are some that I missed?)

They are the group that happens to get the biggest, badest, evilest villain. To be their Enemy.

Anyway, in about a year, Babs, Richard and I became one of those friendship groups. I hated every minute of it but over time, it became tolerable.

The entire school knew. Something that most didn't think would happen, me having friends. I could care less about what they all thought, the one thing I didn't expect was what happened on my tenth birthday.

December 21st, 2006

The best day of the year.

My birthday.

The only day a year I get to see my entire family.

The only dreadful thing about that day was that it was a school day. 

Babs made a big deal about my birthday for the first few years, but over time it was a smaller deal as she knew how I disliked the attention.

But she still tried to make my day special. Her birthday was two days before mine. But we couldn't celebrate as Richard got sick. I still got Babs a present, a Batman sweater and, no, I didn't steal it.

I went over to her house; we watched a bunch of movies, but I didn't stay over as it was a school night. 

Now back to my birthday.

I started my day at one in the morning. I had been awoken by an evil laugh. Uncle J decided to be the first to say "Happy Birthday."

"To My favourite Niece. Your mom approved of this gift." He said as he pulled out a box. "And before anything is said, I didn't steal it." He said as he handed it to me. 

"Thank you, Uncle J, but you didn't need to get me anything" "I know but, I wanted to. So, open it." I opened the box and, inside there, was a book. "Thanks, Uncle J. I've always wanted a... blank book."

I was surprised usually uncle J gave me illegal gifts like weapons so, this was odd.

"Open the book." He insisted. So, I did there were a few blank pages but, then there was an F/c page. I tried to turn the page, but it wouldn't allow me to. 

"What the hell?" I exclaimed as the page didn't budge. "Place your hand on it." I did. Nothing happened but I was able to lift the page. "Yay, it moved," I said sarcastically.

"Now try it as Frost" "Sure." I quickly transformed eager to see what got Uncle J to come to my civilian home. I placed my hand on the page once more. This time my hand was traced. Then from my hand, a snowflake appeared. it stopped and, I took my hand off, this time when I turned the page there was a hole in the next pages. 

"What magic is this" "It is the infinite book Karion put a spell that will allow you to keep anything you want in there if it fits. I left a few things in there like a few pistols, bombs, and snacks. Well, I should be going now, see you later at the place." I knew it. There was no chance that there wasn't something illegal to do with my present.