Chapter 2: Richard "Dick" Grayson

Another 13, a new chapter for HoSI ~

Note: Future Frost's comments will be in italic

April 2nd, 2006

At this point in my life, I would kill for Babs and, she's my best and only friend. 9-year-olds, especially some of the rich ones. Who thinks there all that simply because they got into the school cause of their parent's money. 

They think they can talk to me however they want because I got in with tests (and some help from Selina) and because I'm an orphan.

I don't care cause there is nothing wrong with it. But it reminded me how I never met my dad. Though I never minded, and my family isn't the best as the world is against them.

I was peacefully sleeping in my room, in Lex's Mansion. 

I was supposed to sleep in until 12 to 3. But Babs called me at 4 AM, two hours after I had gone to sleep. 

Before anything is said, I said Frost doesn't have any rules. 

I meant it.

She had called me to tell me about an accident something, about "Flying" and "Grayson" as I had gotten 2 hours of sleep and it was my day off. 

It's the only day I get to sleep in after she finished with her rant. I yelled at her for waking me up so early in the morning. I screamed at her so loud that one of the maids came into the room to ask me if I was ok. 

I kindly told her I was ok and she left. When Babs asked, I just said it had been my mom. I told her I had spent most of my night binge-watching the harry potter movies. 

I finished with the Goblet of Fire at 2 AM. I told her that I would call her in the morning and hung up. I didn't wait for her to say bye before I hung up.

Ten hours later, I woke up, ate breakfast, took a shower and got ready. After my morning routine, I called Babs and, she explained how the act for the Hayleys circus, The Flying Graysons fell to their death. 

They had a son, who was to be adopted by Bruce Wayne.

Aka Lex's rival, the Billionaire Playboy, and Selina's 'friend'.

 I could care less and wasn't paying attention until she said. " He might be coming to school with us. He's your age. He's cute but on the shorter side. We should befriend him it's a new school, and he is all alone" She sounds happy, I'm not sure why. 

If she hadn't woken me up, I would have said. " I don't think it's a good idea. He's probably really hurt about what happened. So he probably wants to be alone." 

But since she did. I said, "No way in hell. I don't need another broken person in my life. Babs, he probably is hurt as he blames himself and, he doesn't need me. Plus, Bruce Wayne would have had an impact on the boy's life by the time you meet If you do manage to befriend him, keep him away from me."

I thought she had hanged up on me until she said, "Aww, you're just jealous your BFF is going to be hanging out with someone else. Don't worry N/n. No one will ever come between us."

That was a total lie. Well, it would be. But at the time, it wasn't. 

To this, I responded, "Yeah, whatever. I don't care who you're friends with." Babs gasped, "Just. Keep him away from me. I don't want to or get anything from being friends with someone like him". We said our goodbyes after that, as it was a bit awkward.

I never told her the real reason I didn't wish to befriend the new son of Bruce Wayne. Five words, "Selina Kyle and Lex Luthor."

First, I didn't want to be associated with anyone who would be close to the Bat.