Chapter 6 - Hogwarts Express

The Hogwarts Express

"Harry! Harry, let's go!" shrieked Hermione as she clambered up the stairs.

"Hermione, I'm not going," Harry said stubbornly, laying on his bed with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Don't be ridiculous!" She started throwing random things into his school trunk, including the rug on the floor. "The train leaves in twenty minutes, Harry! They're boarding now!"

"No–"

"Oh, shut up!" she screamed. Both she and Harry looked surprised at her outburst, it was usually Ron she yelled at, not Harry. "Move," she said in a quieter but deadly tone, pointing to the door. He reluctantly obeyed, afraid to make her rise again.

"Accio Harry's stuff!" she said firmly. Everything Harry had unpacked came flying at her, she toppled over. Harry would have laughed, but thought better of it. She threw it all hastily in the trunk then slammed it shut. "Locomotor trunk!" she said crossly.

Harry grabbed Earwig, locked away nicely in her cage, and went out the door. Hermione followed behind him, nudging him with his own trunk as he made his way down the stairs.

"Ready, Harry?" said Mr. Weasley as they entered the kitchen.

Harry shrugged.

"Seeing as we all can Apparate, let's get to it."

Harry looked around the kitchen, Mrs. Weasley, Ron, George, and Ginny were there also. Ginny met his eyes but she quickly looked down.

"Hiya, Harry," George said, half grinning.

"Hey, George," Harry grinned back, reluctantly.

"Arthur," Mrs. Weasley urged.

"Right, yes, to Kings Cross!"

Harry grabbed his trunk which Hermione had dropped carelessly on the floor.

He thought of the three D's and turned on the spot. The familiar sensation of being squeezed through a dark tube didn't come as a surprise to Harry. He was suffocating, he couldn't breath, he was almost enjoying the feeling–but then he was through. Harry looked around, through the dark and dust of the broom cupboard he had arrived in. Soon, Ron appeared out of thin air, beside Harry. Ron's trunk also managed to land quite painfully on Harry's toe. "Watch it!"

They stumbled out of the cupboard and met up with Mr. and Mrs. Weasley who had Apparated in a corner and George who was exiting a abandoned snack room with Hermione and Ginny.

"Good!" Mr. Weasley said. "I don't think the Muggles noticed at all," he looked around the train station, watching the families bidding each other goodbye, with a kind of longing.

"Move along! Come on, now!' Mrs. Weasley said.

They followed her. She ushered them all cautiously through the barrier to Platform 9 ¾. Harry hadn't been there for two years but it still looked the same. The scarlet train engine billowing smoke, and blowing its whistle, warning departure.

"Alright! Stay safe! Stay out of trouble!" Mrs. Weasley hugged Harry and moved on to Ron who's forehead she slobbered a big kiss upon.

"See, Mum gets a little confused," George whispered. "You're suppose to get into as much trouble as possible. All the more fun!" he winked and Harry grinned.

"See you, George. Be sure to stay saintlike."

George laughed. "Always," and moved onto Ginny.

Mr. Weasley shook Harry's hand. "Well I don't think I have to warn you about any threats this year," he said.