Chapter 15 - An Unexpected Frienship

An Unexpected Friendship

Harry awoke that morning to the cries of Madam Pomfrey, "Miss Weasley! What do you think you're doing?"

Harry opened his eyes, but all was blurred. He felt Ginny's body stirring beside him.

She propped herself up on her elbow and looked at Harry. He squinted back at her, grinning. She handed him his glasses.

"Thanks," Harry slipped them on and saw Madam Pomfrey bustling around the room, fixing them trays of food.

Next to Harry, Ginny yawned widely, rubbing her eyes.

"Miss Weasley! Get back to your bed, now!"

"Happy New Year to you, too," Ginny mumbled grumpily, switching beds. Harry felt cold and lonely without her there, next to him.

Madam Pomfrey brought them the trays which were now full of toast, bacon, eggs and pumpkin juice.

"Honestly," Madam Pomfrey muttered, more to herself. "What would your parents think?"

"They'd think that it would be alright laying in a bed with Harry, doing nothing more, since we are getting married," Ginny said.

Madam Pomfrey dropped the jug of pumpkin juice, she whipped around so fast.

Harry looked over to Ginny who was smirking. She always loved seeing the reactions of the people she told the big news to. Harry normally found it amusing, but this time he was too shocked to laugh. Ginny had announced their engagement. And not just to family, who needed to be told, to Madam Pomfrey, a regular person who needn't have known, yet now did. Harry felt a sudden surge of warmth rush through him as he took a bite of toast, and happily watched Madam Pomfrey stutter. "You–you're–you're not–you can't–you're seventeen!"

"Eighteen, actually," Harry chimed in.

Ginny grinned at him. Madam Pomfrey gave him a look that obviously said like-it-matters!

"You're–you're getting married," Madam Pomfrey said faintly, just conjuring a chair in time as she fell back, into it. "Well," she said finally, "Congratulations, I guess."

Just then the doors to the hospital wing burst open and the whole Weasley clan bustled in.

"Oh, thank goodness!" Mrs. Weasley cried, seeing Ginny. "Ginny, dear, are you alright?"

"Yes, Madam Pomfrey has taken good care of me," Ginny said.

"Good!" Mrs. Weasley said. "I told you lot to stay at the Burrow! I told you to just wait to go back on the Express. I told you, didn't I, Arthur? If you would have then none of this would have happened!"

"It's my fault, Mrs. Weasley," Harry said, " I should have known some Slytherin would have tried to cause trouble–"

"What are you talking about, Harry?" Mr. Weasley said.

"Yeah, Harry, If you wouldn't have ran Ginny all the way up here, who knows where she'd be now," Bill added.

"And besides," Ron said, "Napier is being tried by the Wizengamot! He's facing expulsion! That'll be just as good as never seeing Malfoy again!"

"I'd like to get a piece of this Napier," George said, cracking his knuckles.

Madam Pomfrey inched her way over to Ginny, where she tapped her wand against Ginny's head three times and watched her intently. After several moments she seemed satisfied because she stepped away.