Suffix Rules

Hey!

Note that in this book I have my own rules for what suffixes you add.

- If you just met a person, you call them (name)-san.

- If you trust them / know them well / like them:

~ You call them (name)-chan if they're a girl or prefer female pronouns.

~ You call them (name)-kun if they're a boy or prefer male pronouns.

~ You call them (name)-san if they are genderfluid / prefer (they / them) pronouns.

– If they are upperclassmen or seniors at work / school, you call them (name)-senpai / senpai.

– If they are underclassmen or minors at work / school, you call them (name)-kohai / kohai.

- If they are your teacher:

~ You call them (name)-sensei.

~ You replace their name with just 'Sensei'.

- If they are your student:

~ You call them (last name)-chan if they're a girl or prefer female pronouns.

~ You call them (last name)-chan if they're a boy or prefer male pronouns.

~ You call them (last name)-san if they are genderfluid / prefer (they / them) pronouns.

- You call them (name)-sama if they are famous, you adore them, or if you look up to them. Usually, -sama means 'royalty', so you call them this if they're royalty in your eyes.

Did you all get it? Good! You can refer to this page whenever you're confused about this.