🌼Who said that I don't love you?🌼

Unedited

It flickered

It flickered. The tiny flame of the lantern flickered even being caged safely inside the glass cylinder as  a mild gush of breeze went past it.

Two solitude sitting on the small wooden boat quivering at the slight currents from the river stared at the distinct distance of darkness.
Even the moon was hidden today, behind those cotton covers not wanting to witness the sorrowful seperation of two innocent soul or.. maybe something else.

Young maiden sitting opposite to the enchanting lad on the quivering boat shifted her gaze towards the flickering flams to travel her eyesbolls along with those rays from that tiny flame to finally land on the soft skin of that handsome solitude illuminated in the golden aura.

Her husband and his unexpected scandles.
How easily he had said that... without feeling anything.
It had been a topic of discussion for one month in the family but today he had ended the discussion. A sad ending.
And why did he had sneaked out of the haveli to give her a boat ride. A silent boat ride.

It is a universal truth that ' Women are difficult to understand' but its different in their case.
Her man is impossible to understand.
He is a unsolvable maze.
A critical poetry, still beautiful.

The thoughts had made her feel that sudden hollowness as her mind drifted back to the memory of former evening...

"Bondita, you would be leaving for London tomorrow. I have booked the tickets!!"
His voice was straight and somehow grave as he forwarded the forms towards her.
"What do you mean Patibabu?! I haven't said a 'yes' yet and you have promised me that you wouldn't take the decisions without consulting with me!!"
Her glistening orbs tried finding some emotion in those uncharacteristically emotionless eyes.
"Bondita, do you remember my guru dakshina?"
"Yes, i do" She said bluntly being nonchalant.
"So my guru dakshina is our distance, your education in London."

"Bondita,"
Her revire broke at his soft call and she quickly looked away.

"Don't you want say anything?"

"Will you let me?"

How desperately he is waiting to listen somthing from her but no she is not responding straightly to his questions. The reason he have bought her on boat ride was to have a talk with her.
Alone.
Under the open sky, a heart to heart conversation.

He had became a villian in front of her as she is not understanding him.
He just want to keep her safe from all the toxicity of this society till she attain a understanding maturity.
He doesn't want her to continue her study in the pressure of being a wife and daughter in law.

She thinks that he wants to get rid of her. Their distance is just affecting her but it had pained like hell for him to utter those words in front of her, hiding his vulnerable side. Ready to cry a ocean.