🌼 Little Maa🌼

Unedited

‌The few dashes of white travelled stealthily across the infinite blue perfectly blending and parting. 

The young soul with a melancholic heart lay on the luscious viridescent springy turf almost at the pinnacle of the enchanting hill in Darjeeling.The whole busy town visible from the cliff but he was least interested in that.

The unbreakable gaze of his lachrymose is fixed at the canopy of two trees on the either side of his view, forming a perfect canvas of alluring masterpiece with a familiar soothing face peeking through those cumulus white fluffy cotton balls.
The countenance holding a ocean of love for him which didn't got the chance to shower upon him like those scarlet petals of some unknown flower showering on him right there at the moment.
How much he yearned for her!!
Her love, her care, her scoldings...
That loving smack for stealing the sweets for her dugga maa.

The face among those clouds winked playfully and vanished the moment he heard a enthusiastic squeal of the new young one of his life.
His unexpected but heartwarming small wife.
Since she has entered into the play named his life, he has noticed her. Her vibrant character.

She is like a pure earthen light of the temple, she is unstoppable. She is like a tranquilizing melody. A free colourful butterfly, breaking through all the bondages.

"Patibabuuuuu....." She ran to reach him with all her might  not noticing cliff right beside.

She felt a pair of strong arms holding her the moment she was about to fall of the deep cliff.
Her heart was almost at her mouth in the fear of losing her precious life. Same was with Anirudh.
He have swiftly got up from his position as he held her and sighed in utter relief.

"Bonditaa, can't you see!! What if...."
He bellowed in anger of not caring about her life. His already moist eyes teared up as he calmed himself down and surrendered himself again to those welcoming grasss.

Patibabu's small Bondita who have slowly came out of the sudden shock looked towards him and laid down beside him.
Copying him. A thing that is down by all the kids. They copy and learn from elders. Elders should be careful.

She somehow managed her heavy Benarasee saree and pulled her short sweater closer as a mild stroke of chilly breeze touched her soft skin. Her ever curious eyes tried finding the same thing that her patibabu was staring in that blue sky. That blue sky felt like the blue water of neel and those clouds like the lather of the soap. She loves to play with those lathers. She always do that in her haveli while washing clothes but since one week she wasn't able to do that.

She is in her summer vacation with her family. They have came to Darjeeling to find some peace, being tired of their daily routine.
Her lips formed a childish pout.

She looked at him wondering about what he is finding between those clouds
Did he also saw neel and lather among them or something else?
Is he watch stars?!
But how could he?! She knew that stars are visible only in night. She have studied it in her school.
Wait...Does that mean he have some super power to see stars in day!!
Her large jubilant eyes immediately shinned bright discovering her patibabu to be a superhero just like those comics, who could see stars in daytime as well. 
Suddenly a known excitement filling her innocent heart.

Anirudh had swiftly turned his face towards her sensing her gaze upon him to find her sparkling eyes looking at him with admiration. His brows formed a bridge asking her subtly about her excitement.

"Are you a superhero!!"!!"

"Huh!"

"You can see stars in day as well so you are superhero right?! Yay my patibabu is superhero babu!!"
She clapped her in happiness still lying on those green grass. She laughed without any worry as her half grown canine came into full view.came into full view.

A quasi smile immediately touched Anirudh's lips on understanding the pretext of her words.

"No Bondita!! I can't see stars!!" Her smile dropped along with her head which had came up a little in excitement.
"But i can see someone!!" His sheer smile resonated the contentment of his heart as he shifted his whole weight on his elbow turning his body towards her to look at her.

Bondita eyes sparkled again and she continued looking at him signalling him to say about that someone.
"My maa!! I can see my maa between those clouds!"
His gathered the forgotten moisture of unexplained emotions as he again looked towards the vast sky.
Since he have lost his mother. Admiring her between the clouds was very frequent for him but he had never said this to anyone.
He himself couldn't fathom that what made him say this to Bondita today.
He got up.from the sleeping position as he made himself sit comfortably.
Bondita did the same.
She came closer to him to wipe out those salty shreds of sorrow away from his face with her tiny palms just like the way she have filled his life with joy wiping out all the useless things.
Anirudh looked at her with pure admiration. It was the first time someone had wiped his tears after his mother left him alone. Even his father never felt the need of doing that rather he had pushed him away. Made him to leave his country and study in London.
Studies in London after losing his beloved maa was the last thing in his mind..
Bondita shivered as again a gush of chilly wind went past her. But this time Anirudh noticed this to panick and open his own lounge coat to sheath her small body from extreme cold.
A giggle left his lips the moment his coat covered her totally making the small furball of joy and mischief almost disappear.

She frowned on realising the reason behind his frown still she let it go because she was more interested in getting know about his mother and how could he see her in clouds.

"How can you see someone in clouds!? Please tell me patibabu. I also want to see someone."

She pulled the overly sized coat to fix it properly in her tiny frame.

"Bondita, this is called imagination. I am imagining my mother there so i can see her!!"
His lips uttered dreamily as his maa again peeked through the clouds but this time her gaze were fixed somewhere else instead of him.
He looked at the direction of her gaze to find Bondita.
Did his mother know her? But how!!?
Why not?! She is his imagination.

Disappointment hit Bondita's countanense on not being able to see the person she wanted to watch.
She left the hope and sat there in silence.

"How was your maa?"
The silence was broken by the small girl lost in her own mother's memories.

"She was everything for me!! She had loved all us a lot and i believe she still do but....."
His words were mere whisper as his tears broke out drenching his cheeks completely.
His shoulder shaked at the intensity of his cries.

"Did she left you?"

"Yes.." Anirudh breathed out the words not feeling like explaining anything to her.

He finally put his head on the small lap of Bondita making her to sit with a start.
He just wanted some peace, a isolated place where he could cry his heart out.

"Please don't cry patibabu!!"
The innocent concern present in her words made him feel belonged.
"I can be maa sometimes!.. Can't i?"
The timid small voice forced his lips to curl up into a smile that reached his eyes.
He really did find that unending peace and happiness with his little wife.

"Why not sweetheart? You can be my little maa sometimes."