𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

6 months passed by so fast, Renjun could only do nothing but work until a woman, he never ask for, come in his life. Since then, his life were never the same again. He lose contact of his friend Jaemin so is his contact with Ahnjin. And the only woman left beside him is Yang Heejin. A woman his Mom set for him to marry.

Having no authority to say anything, he just decided to ignore the woman and just treat her invisible. He would wait for Ahnjin. Although, he cannot guarantee how long he has to wait again. But what he's sure of, this time, when the woman comes back, she's ready to accept him. And he can't wait for that time to come.

"Didn't you said you're going home today?" Gara enter their shared suit. "I am" He sighs staring at the white screen. "Do you know what time is it now? It's 11. Heejin is waiting for you" Gara sat on her chair. "I'm not going home because of-"

"I know, to rest. Now go"

Exiting the suit, he walk alone in the chill and quiet hallway of the hospital. Renjun plays with his keys walking down the stairs. It doesn't took him long before he reach the lobby. "Going home, sir?" The nurse greets. "Yes, I'll see you tomorrow" He smiles exiting the lobby.

The wind outside immediately welcomes him. His hair blew up, he lift his hand removing his glasses. Throwing it in his pocket, he walk over to his car. "Hey, bro" He halts facing the owner of the voice. "Haechan" He close his car door. "Jaemin's wedding..." Haechan starts. "You came here for that? He won't let me go so just go and enjoy yourself"

"No, he ask me to give you your invitation" Haechan holds out a blue envelope. "I'll look like a fool there, it's better to not go but thanks" He grab the paper, throwing it in his gown pocket. "You won't go?" The man sighs, failing to hide his sadness. "I won't. Tell Jaemin congratulations for me." He open his car door. "Heejin is waiting for me"

"Are you really marrying her? Why? Are you really gonna live with the future your Mom set for you?"

"I won't. It's my own choice, I got nothing to chose to anyways. It's better like this. Haechan, I've always live like this. Why are you so surprise?" He chuckles. Haechan tense his jaw taking a deep breath. "Ahnjin..." Haechan starts. "I know she's doing well so don't try to bribe me using her name"

"No, Ahnjin need your help" That made him confuse. Renjun straighten up paying more attention to the man in front of him. "What happened?" He asks. "She's diagnosed with a lung problem. We thought it was a misdiagnosed but we came to different hospital and the scan were all the same. She's dying"

"What the hell are you saying?"

"I don't know what kind of fucking operation she must have! We're panicking, I'm panicking, everyone is! Ahnjin is still so young. She hasn't even fix things with you yet. Jaemin won't let her die so please, help Ahnjin" Haechan raps through his words, his head shaking here and there.

"You're lying"

Renjun's eyes darken. He grip on the paper crumpling it. "I hold Ahnjin's health issues. It was last update just a month ago" He starts. "What?" Haechan replied. "A lung problem cannot develop in a short amount of time and already had a diagnosis. And if she did had the complication, the doctor would start to prescribe her with medicines. No surgery could happen suddenly"

"Stop lying to me, you could tell me what you're really trying to say"

"Fine, you got me. I'm sorry, Ahnjin really need your help" Haechan corrects. "To what?" He rolls his eyes. "Sungchan..." His chest tighten at the mention of another man's name. "He's badly hurt and Ahnjin won't leave his side until he's fix. So please, operate Sungchan. For us, for Ahnjin"

"Sungchan is our friend, right?"

"Even though what happened, regarding you, Ahnjin and him, we're still friends, right?" Haechan adds. "Of course, we are. I'll schedule it, wait for my text" He enter his car. "I'll see you at the wedding" Haechan turn around to leave. Renjun sighs starting the engine, with a heavy heart, he drives away.

Finally reaching home, he enter the building his house is in. Walking in the lobby, he spots a woman with loads of shopping bags beside her. Sighing, he approach Heejin. "1,2,3,4....7, how much did you spend this time?" He ask right away. "Renjun" Heejin stood up. "Why didn't you go in?"

"I forgot my keys inside"

"You went shopping again..." He calls. "With my cards" He look up, staring at the woman. "I bought you some! I made sure to buy you some this time" Heejin cheers. "Whatever. Let's go"

"Renjun" Heejin calls. "What?" He replied throwing his gown across the room. "My friend, Hyesun's wedding is coming, do you want to come with me?" The woman asks. "Forget it, I have plans" He close his eyes in tiredness. "Come on, it's just a day and besides, it's Sunday." Heejin slightly smiles. "I said no"

"Then, could you hear me out?" Heejin adds. "No" He walk over to his room. Locking the door behind him, he approach his bed flopping himself. Just as he's about to drift off to dreamland, his phone rings. Sitting up, he fish his phone out of his pocket.

"He...hello?" He stutters. "Renjun" Jaemin spokes from the other line. "Where are you? I'm at the hospital" Jaemin adds. "I'm home, why?" He answers. "Let's talk, send me your location"

Renjun took a deep breath entering the restaurant him and his friends used to meet. It's been whole 6 months since he last came here. It feels new and bring back memories. "Hey" He calls sitting on the other chair, across Jaemin.

"Let's wait for a few minutes, they're coming"