A Tough Decision

Ahadi sat outside the royal den in anger. 

How could Mufasa hurt his brother like this! He must be punished! But...how? Uru would kill me if I punished him. Speaking of Uru, where is she...

His brother broke him out his thoughts.

"AHADI! WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PRINCES!?" A gold lion with purple eyes and a bright red mane asked.

"Why if it isn't the mighty Askari! I needed advice right now..." the king mumbled.

"What seems to be the problem? Is it about the princes?" 

"Prince. Mufasa attacked Shauri and nearly killed him. He might limp forever. I just want to punish him for almost murdering his brother but how!?"

"I know Mufasa. He wasn't out for blood! He probably wanted to assert dominance like you did as a cub. Funny how you've changed!" Askari joked.

"Yeah..."

"I'll send Jambazi to watch him. Ni and I are gonna go check on Shauri." 

"Yeah go ahead. He needs comfort right now."

——————————————————————————————————————————

Uru watched Mufasa panic as he recalled the story. She growled knowing that Shauri was injured by being attacked by his own brother. Mufasa broke down and clung to her paw. Uru swatted him away and watched him hit the ground. 

"Pathetic. You are a prince. You merely confirmed your superiority. If that taka could not handle that then so be it. As for you..." Uru said grabbing Mufasa by the chin, "You need to be perfect. I can NOT have a imperfect heir on the throne. It will ruin my appearance."

"Yes Mom..." 

"That's Queen Uru to you."

"Y-yes Queen Uru."

——————————————————————————————————————————

Uru now sat alone after Mufasa's breakdown. She needed an heir that would win everyone over. 

Mufasa's image was tainted. Shauri however, was not. He was a victim. Innocent in the eyes off many. He will be seen as grand. As long as Mufasa leads the guard, they will be unstoppable. No, Mufasa would not dare let Shauri replace him. He would kill him and finish the job. Exile? No, he's too young. Death? No, that's barbaric. 

Then one idea came to mind.

"The Ember Empire!"

She truly was brilliant! The Empire would teach him to be strong and teach him a lesson for ruining her image.

"ZUZU! FETCH AHADI!" Uru yelled as the bird took off.

——————————————————————————————————————————

Ahadi appeared.

"I just checked on Shauri."

"I do not care. But on the topic of Mufasa. He is not my heir any longer. He will be sent to the Ember Empire for teaching. Hopefully, he will not return. They like strong lions there." Uru said calmly.

Ahadi became tense.

"You can't just send him away as soon as he doesn't appeal to you!"

"He will be taught discipline. And Shauri will be safe as the new king."

"We both know you don't want to help Shauri. You're only trying to benefit yourself! I know I'm not Askari but I still love you anyway even if don't! But I fear my brother wouldn't realize your truly manipulative ways!" Ahadi growled.

Uru walked away. 

"I call the shots."