The Fight

"MUFFY WAIT UP!" Shauri called.

Mufasa heard nothing and continued running. He wanted to get his little brother off his back. For good. 

"MUFFY! Wait..." Shauri said falling on the ground. 

He was weaker than most and it concerned Ahadi dearly. Mere days after his presentation, he fell  ill Anne barely recovered. He was scrawny ever since and he hoped gaining the roar would make him stronger. As for Mufasa, he was untouchable, and he was protected from all that could harm him. He was his mother favorite and that was the only reason he was heir. He was strong and that was it. He was arrogant, cruel, and overall a jerk. 

Shauri had 7 friends out of the pride, Matope, his strongest, Kijivu, his bravest, Mchanga, his fastest, and Werevu, his keenest. And then there was Sarafina, Zira, and Jino. Everyone else orbited around Mufasa. Everyone in their group didn't like Mufasa much and often saw the bad side of him and he was relentless to Shauri. One day however, he took it too far.

—————————————————————

"You okay princey?" Matope asked.

"Yeah. Just tired."

Kijivu helped him on his back and they walked to the others. Werevu and Mchanga kept their mouths shut, knowing that Mufasa has abandoned them again.

They were tasked with watching the prince and keeping him safe but instead he wanted to prove he was the bravest cub their. Kijivu was annoyed by such a comment. 

"I swear, one of these days you're gonna have to challenge him. Destroy him! Put him in his pl-"

"If I hear another WORD out of you, I will have your head." Kijivu growled at Matope. 

"Plus Shauri can't really fight Mufasa. Queen Uru would kill 'em." Mchanga joked trying to lighten the mood. He stopped after he remembered that she would kill Shauri for something like that.

"For the record. You're not funny. Me and Shauri would appreciate it if you shut your trap." Werevu muttered.

"How do you read everyone's emotions so well?" Mchanga inquired.

"I'm always around you guys."

"Good point."

—————————————————————

They finally reached the cubs and Shauri caught his breath. He had been silent the entire walk. 

"Aw! Look who's come to ruin the party! I was just going to the Elephant graveyard!" Mufasa yelled.

Cubs booed around the 5 and Kijivu spoke up. 

"We're not killjoys, we're trying to keep you alive. You know hyenas have been running wild for a while."

"And why do you think you can tell a prince what to do? You. Are. Below. Me."

"THAT'S IT! WHAT GIVES YOU THE AUTHORITY TO TALK DOWN TO US!" Mchanga and Matope growled.

Others exchanged glances and Mufasa stood his ground. 

"I'm a prince remember?"

"It that you're only come back you prick?" Werevu said with a smirk. He didn't talk often to Mufasa but when he did it was always a retort.

Mufasa snarled.

"What did you call me." Mufasa snarled slamming Werevu into the ground.

Werevu squirmed around. He mumbled something as Shauri walked next to Mufasa. 

"There's one thing you should know." He whispered in Mufasa's ear. "We. Are. Equals."

Mufasa rolled his eyes and continued putting pressure on Werevu's head.

"AND I COMMAND YOU TO CUT IT OUT!" Shauri roared, pushing Mufasa over and watching him stumbled off the rock he sat on. 

The guard cheered and two new cubs showed up. Sarafina and Jino were confused as they watched Mufasa and Shauri fight. The two ripped at each other as Mchanga and Matope chanted words of praise towards Shauri.

"What are they doing!? Shauri's gonna get himself killed!" Jino yelled.

Sarafina instantly walked over to the fight and blocked Mufasa's hit. Shauri's nose was bleeding and he was covered in gashes. Mufasa however had a cut nose and wounds along his body. Both were slowly tiring themselves out. 

"You two should be ashamed of yourselves." She growled, lifting Shauri off the ground. 

He limped over to Sarafina's side and felt her lick his wounds. He blushed lightly and smiled sheepishly. He got at least one thing out of this. 

"Jino! Get Rafiki! He probably won't lecture us like Sahau would. He'll understand since he's around our age." Kijivu said.

The two ran off, no one knowing how this event would change everything.