Prompt #4

Prompt #4 " Thunderstorm "

RQ!Sabre angst

─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─

Sabre shot up awake from the thundering noise from outside of the house, he turned around on the window pane and saw the heavy rain dripped on the glass itself. He guessed there was a storm, and he was never a big fan of it. Another strike of lightning was heard that made him jump, this time it was louder.

He sat up properly and looked around his surroundings, everything part of his room was dar, and the only thing that was lighting up the room was the singular, yet small, lantern on his nightstand. He stared at the lantern, hoping that it would calm him down. But as another lightning boomed around the place, he was shaking now.

Bringing his green blanket around his body and back up on the headboard of his bed, shaking up from fear as he stared at the fire inside of the lantern. " Keep staring, everything is gonna be fine. The light is your friend... " He muttered out to himself, his eyes darted around the room but his eyes were always fixated on the lantern itself.

This goes on for a while.

Lightning boomed, Sabre will shaken up more from fear, and he would try to calm himself by staring at the only light source in his house.

But now, 30 minutes passed as things gotten way more worst.

The rain started thundering even more, the water dripping on the window gotten louder as well and Sabre was now shaking. He covered his ears from the loud sounds piercing though his ears. He was never a big fan of thunderstorms that were heavy like this one, it was also why he never gotten to get used of his anxiety when he was young. He would often blank out in a corner of a room during a thunderstorm, or if he felt stressed he would stare at a light and mumbled out something to comfort.

But this time it wasn't working.

Another crash of the lightning was heard, then Sabre felt like memories leaked back into his head. The sound of lightning of him being destroyed by Nightmare Steve, of seeing Void destroying Rai- Orange Steve, the same lightning of his anger boiling up on Void before turning into Shadow. Just everything in general of what happened to him these months ago.

He wasn't feeling well anymore. His vision of his surroundings were hard to see or focus since his eyes darted every bit in his room. His breathing quickens as well, his heart thumping faster from fear as the heavy rain poured down more.

One more strike of lightning pierced through his ears again, and he started to break. He shut his eyes closed as clamped his fists on his hair. " M-make it s-stop... " He muttered out, shaking even more as he started to cry. He hated the fact he had to cry in an event like this, made him felt like he's even more weak.

He couldn't stop crying, he can only hear the loud heavy rain from outside and the thundering bangs. Memories of the bad times came back slowly. It was torture.

The door soon later opened, the grey haired boy quickly ran over to the brunette and hugged him, rubbing circles around the boy's back

" Shhh,  its okay Sabre... I'm here. "

" T-time...? "

" Yes, its me Sabs. " Time quickly pulled away from the hug and looked at Sabre with a worry look plastered on his face. " Its okay, no need to be afraid. I'm here.. " Time held the brunette's hand and brought them down,  massaging the back of his palms to calm him down.

" Breathe Sabre. "

" I- I can't- "

" Hey hey,  look at me. " Sabre did what he was instructed to do, he could barely look at Time. " Copy my breathing okay? " Sabre nodded slowly as he gripped on Time's hands.

" Deep breath in... "

" Deep breath out... "

" Deep breath in... "

" Deep breath out... "

This continued for a minute or two, it was still thundering outside. But luckily Sabre managed to calm down, well, at least a bit.

Time had to stay there for a while to make sure the brunette was all okay again. Not that he mind leaving, he knew that something like this would take a while to recover when iy comes to Sabre. Sure he was determined enough to defeat Void, but something like this that would drop Sabre into his anxiety attack.

It would take a while.

─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─

haha, angst amirite?