Prompt #7

Prompt #7 " Promises "

AU used: Shattered Reality (Learning with Pibby AU)
Characters: Sharp, Goggles, mentioning of Beef and Colle (maybe Dreams of Color! Sabre)
[ Spoilers for the Shattered Reality book ]

─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─

Sharp was running for his life from that... thing. Whatever he saw, was nothing like the Ruin, it was much more worst. The creatures he have encountered since in the Desert Village, the same water wave motion that killed his friends, that one thing that wanted him dead.

All thay was plastered in his mind was the word "run". That was all he can do. Run for his life.

As he heard the screeches of the monster got louder and felt closer, he tries to quickens his pace. Tears flowed down on his cheeks as he tried to survive from this horrid nightmare.

" Sharp! Wake up! "

With Goggles shaking his friend's body, Sharp immediately shot up awake in sweat. His breathing quickens as he took deep breaths, his eyes darting around the room and soon stopped his eyes spotted his friend; along with a hint of worry plastered along his face.

Not even a second passed Sharp quickly brought Goggles into a tight hug, with Goggles returning it as well. " You worried me for a second there friend, you were shaking and crying. " Both pulled away from the hug as Sharp took time to breath.

" Sorry, my drreams these nights are getting worst and worst. "

" You think I can't tell? "

Sharp looked down at the sheets coveed his legs, he didn't respond and Goggles sighed from that. Its been 7 months since this whole corruption thing started, yet they still have no clue on how to defeat their enemy. Not even Dreams! know how to defeat [them], but they never gave up on trying.

Right before Goggles was about to stand up, Sharp immediately grabbed his arm, his eyes filled with fear and panic.

" Please don't leave me alone. "

" I won't I just need to get you some water. I promise I'll be- "

" NO! "

Goggles' eyes widened as he heard his friend's voice shouted. Sharp never shout in that before, and he looked terrified. " Don't you ever say that, no, Don't you even dare... "

" Sharp?... "

Sharp's mind was filled with memories, the word "promise" stood by with his friends.

" Sharp I'll promise that I'll always protect you from everything in danger, and I will be there to comfort you on your worst days. "

That was Beef's promise, before he got killed.

" Sharp, no matter what happens between us three, I'll always be there to protect you guys. "

That was Colle's promise, before the next day he was stabbed and became one of.... them.

It was clear that Sharp never wanted to let that happen again, he was so afraid that it might happen to everyone. Promising everything or anything just for him was something he didn't think he would so afraid of. But now with everything that's been happening, I don't think he'll be okay with anyone promising him to keep everyone and themselves safe.

If someone promises him anything, he'll dread that something will happen to them.

─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─

Y e e a a a a -