Chapter 10

A/N: thank you guys so much for all the reads! Please vote, comment, and keep reading!

Brooklyn's POV:
What was wrong with Joanna? Why was she so distant from me? She didn't want me to hold her hand or check what's wrong. I brought her to the nurse's office. "Brooklyn what's happening?" the nurse said. "What do you mean?" I said confused. "The time Joanna broke her wrist playing basketball was the first time she's been to the nurse's office. But now she's back so soon? Is something wrong?"
"No. Nothing's wrong, its just she always gets in to situations in P.E."
"She has to be excused from P.E. for a week. Since you guys seem to be good friends, please take care of her." I nodded at the nurse, then I went behind the curtain where Joanna was. "Are you okay Joanna?"
"I'm fine."
"What's been going on? You haven't talked to me properly since that shoe game started."
"Nothing. Its just- its just that I'm confused." I looked at her confused and she said again "What are we Brook? Are we friends? Are we more than friends?"
"Why are you suddenly thinking about that?"
"Brook. To other people, we are really close. I've been told so many times how we act like a couple."
"Being told we act like a couple bothers you that much?"
"Andrea. She told me she liked you. So many girls have told me how much they like you. And I can't even tell them or you how jealous I am. I want so bad to tell them that you're mine, but I can't."
"You can now. Now, you can tell them that I'm yours. Now you don't have to be jealous because you know I only have eyes for you. The reason I never talked about us is because I didn't know if you felt that way."
"You couldn't tell how much I like you?"
"Joanna. I'm gonna ask you one more time. What are we?" I said smiling.
"We are young. I think too young. I can't be anyone's girlfriend yet. But, if I could, just know that I would be yours." Joanna said blushing. I smiled and looked down and she said again "But I'm your secret admirer." I chuckled and said "I'm your secret admirer too." We were back to normal again and it was just like old times. We talked about the weirdest topics and we invented words that only we could understand, and I was really glad because I got my favorite translator back by my side.
--After School--
Joanna's POV:
Here we go again. A broken arm this time. After school Brooklyn said he would walk me back to my place to make sure I get there safe and to do homework together. Mom got back about 2 weeks ago.
"Mom!" I yelled as soon as I got inside the house. My mom walked out of her room and saw my cast on my arm. "What happened?" mom said raising her voice a little and walking a little faster towards me. "P.E. chaos again." I said back.
"Jeez. What kind of classmates do you have?"
"Competitive ones. Oh and Brooklyn's here because we are gonna do homework together." Mom smiled at Brook and then told us she was gonna get us some fruits. "Thanks mom. We'll start first then."
--2 days later, at school--
Brooklyn's POV:
Joanna was excused from P.E. so she just sat by the bleachers while we were doing the daily exercises. Coach said to run a lap, so I was running around the gym when all of a sudden Andrea caught up to me and was right next to me. "Hey Brooklyn."
"Hi."
"How are you?"
"Fine. But, hey can I ask you something?"
"Of course!" she said very high pitched.
"When I brought Joanna to the nurse's office, before I went I told Adam to go check on you."
"Aw, Brooklyn its okay! I can take care of myself. Did I make you worry?"
"Adam said that you stood up fine and just walked away."
She chuckled nervously and said "Haha I got healed. Maybe its from the shock that Joanna got hurt."
I just nodded and ran faster to get ahead of her because it was awkward.
Andrea's POV:
He started getting farther ahead of me so I ran faster and eventually we were neck to neck again. "Brook are you free on Saturday? Maybe we could hang out."
"Sorry. I'm going to hang with Joanna and Maram at the mall on that day." he said still running and looking in front. "When do you think we can hang?" he didn't say anything. I grabbed his wrist and he stopped running. "Listen Brooklyn, Joanna's not at your level."
"What's that suppose to mean?"
"Joanna's my friend. She's friendly and stuff, but thats all. And you're Brooklyn Beckham! You have paparazzis around you everywhere you go. Do you honestly wanna be seen with a commoner like Joanna?" He looked like he was gonna say something, but I added again "I know what its like. My dad is the CEO of Andrea's Inc. People always try to get close to me because I have alot of money. My picture is always put in the papers and my dad always talks about how I'm going to be the next CEO when he retires."
"Andrea, Joanna's my friend. In the entertainment industry, she may be considered a commoner. But, to me she isn't. To me, Joanna is a spectacular, amazing girl who I'm lucky to be friends with. I'd rather have 1 million pictures of me and her published than 1 million pictures of me and the queen. Joanna's important to me." Brooklyn just kept talking about Joanna. He wouldn't listen to me. He started to run again when I grabbed his hand and planted a big kiss on his lips making sure Joanna saw from the bleachers.
Joanna's POV:
The coach said I could just sit down, so I did. I saw Brook running and I found myself smiling. Andrea came up to him and they looked like they were talking, but I obviously couldn't hear. They looked like they were talking for a long time, when all of a sudden Andrea grabbed his wrist and kissed him on the lips. My eyes started to sting and I asked the coach to use the bathroom.

A/N: To be continued haha