Chapter 15

A/N: hope you enjoy this chapter! please vote and comment if you enjoyed!

Joanna's POV:
Its been 7 days, 5 hours and 32 seconds since I heard my mom got admitted to the hospital. I just got back from visiting my mom, and I'm in the guest room of David's house. I came back early from the hospital because they said they needed to do some scans and visit time was over. I was just laying in bed waiting for morning so I could go visit my mom again, when suddenly I got a text from a number I didn't think would text me in years. It was him.
-
"Hello. I got a call from the hospital and they said you needed a place to stay. I'm at the Fisher's house. I would let you stay, but I think it would be stressful with you in the house. I think you can sleep at the hospital or at your school cafeteria. Maybe its time to grow up."
Nothing changed about dad. Since he's been gone a while, I started to miss him. That text is exactly what I thought he would say. I knew what he would say, but I hoped for something else. I hoped for a "how is Abby?" and I hoped for a "how are you?" and I guess I also hoped for a "I miss you. I love you." But that's all in my head. I didn't have the energy to reply so I just turned off my phone and layed in bed looking at the ceiling, thinking about nothing.
David's POV:
Joanna's been in the room all day. I know how close she was with her mom, and I don't know what I could do to make her feel better. I went to the kitchen and got two cups of ice cream & knocked on her door.
She opened the door with a small smile and red eyes that I know have been crying.
"I got you some ice cream. Its chocolate. Your favorite." I said handing her the mug of ice cream.

"Thanks. Can we talk for a bit before you sleep?" she asked looking worried.
I went to the bed and sat down at the edge.
"My dad sent me a text." she said looking down at her ice cream.

"What did he have to say?"

"He told me alot of stuff. He said it might be time to grow up."

"No."

"What?" she said finally looking in my eyes.

"Everyone deserves time to themselves. You're just a kid. You're just a little girl, but yet you had to make all these types of decisions. How grown up do they expect you to get? Everyone has to take time and experience everything around them, but if you experience them all at once, you won't have the time to be a little kid and enjoy life."

"What's gonna happen?"

"What do you mean?"

"If I grow up too fast, what's gonna happen?"

"You will grow old with all these bad experiences and when you're really old you will realize that you never really lived."

"I'm scared. I'm scared that mom might leave."

"She wont leave. As long as she's alive, she will never leave you. She will never purposely leave you like your dad did."

I saw the tears escape Joanna's eyes again. The thing that I hate to see the most. She wiped her eyes and I covered her up in blankets.

"But-" she stuttered.

"But what?"

"But what if she gets taken?"

"Why would your mom get taken?"

"What if its time?"

"Time for what?"

"What if its time for God to take her away from me?"