Chapter 11

A/N: enjoy this chapter everyone!

Joanna's POV:
I went to the bathroom. Tears started coming out of my eyes, but I don't know why. I told Brook I liked him, but its not like we are dating or anything. We never made anything official, but a part of me felt like Brooklyn and I were something different. Something a little bit more than friends... I don't know. I washed my face in the bathroom and went back out, so it wouldn't be suspicious. When I walked out, Andrea was right in front of the door. I fake smiled and said "Finished the lap already?"
"Joanna oh my gosh! Guess what happened?"
I said "What happened?" even though I clearly know what happened.
"Brooklyn and I decided to date!" she said in that same high pitched voice she always did when she was happy. I felt my eyes starting to sting again and I was hoping so hard no tears would come out. I guess I kinda blanked out a little because Andrea said "Hello? Earth to Joanna?" while waving her hand in my face. I smiled again and said "Congrats! I think you would look good together." She gave me a hug and then the coach said for Andrea to go back to formation. Its not like I can get mad at Andrea. She likes Brooklyn. And, I guess Brooklyn likes her back. Ha, for a bit I actually thought that maybe Brook liked me a little. Oh, Joanna. Silly me.
--After P.E.--
It was English class and I got there early because I didn't have to change out of my gym clothes. I was sitting at the second row of the class reading Paper Towns by John Green. "Hey." a voice came from behind me. I turned and saw Brook, I felt my eyes sting a little so I turned back really fast. I heard his footsteps walk towards me and eventually he was in the chair in front of me. I smiled. He smiled. There was an awkward silence for about a minute and he said again "What's wrong?"
"What do you mean what's wrong?"
"Joanna. You think I don't know you? You're my best friend, I know when something's wrong."
"Haha no its because something sad happened in the book!" I lied.
"Oh what happened?"
"You would know if you listened when I told you to read it!" I teased. He started smiling again. "Oh and by the way." I said again. "Yeah?"
"You and Andrea. Congrats." Brooklyn's still my friend so I want him to be happy.
Brooklyn's POV:
"You and Andrea. Congrats." Joanna said to me. I looked at her confused and said "What do you mean by that?"
"Andrea told me about you being her boyfriend. I'm your best friend, shouldn't I congratulate you?" Boyfriend?!
--Flashback to P.E./Brooklyn's POV--
She kissed me. Andrea kissed me. I pushed her off and yelled "What are you doing?!"
"I felt it. Didn't you feel it?" Andrea said.
"Feel what?"
"The love. The love between us, Brooklyn" she said coming closer.
"Andrea. I'm so sorry, but I don't like you. I don't feel that way for you. There is no love between us."
"You'll see. In the end, you'll be mine. All mine."
--End of Flashback--
"Joanna! I'm not her boyfriend!" Joanna finally looked up from her book and looked at me confused.
"But, but, Andrea said-"
"No. Its not true." I cut her off. The bell rang. "Alright students, come on back to your seats. Hurry up, please!" our English teacher said. "Brooklyn, its class time, go to your seat please." the teacher said to me. I turned to her "Yes, miss. Not a problem miss." then looked back at Joanna and winked.
Joanna's POV:
After school, I went back home with Brooklyn. "Mom said after school we are going to go camping."
"Can I come with?"
And thats how Brook and I are in the woods with the Beckham's and my mom. We decided to make smore's so we left the tent while Mom & the Beckham's were still in the tent.
"Hey Brook."
"Yeah?"
"There is something I've always dreamed of doing while having a log fire."
"And that is?"
"Telling secrets to my best friend."
"Let's do it." Brook said smiling. I looked up at the stars and he did the same. "You go first B."
"Well, one secret is that I read fanfiction."
I laughed "I like hugs better than I like hand shakes."
"I want to learn different languages."
"Kids! Come eat dinner!" we heard mom say. I looked at Brook and said "Okay, Brook. One more secret. One secret that we will never tell anyone, but each other. One secret that will die with this fire."
He quickly said "I love you."
I was suprised, but said "I love you too." We both smiled and I burned down the fire.

A/N: a sweet type of chapter! I have a plot twist in my mind right now, but I'm not sure what chapter I'll put it in. Please read, vote and leave me comments if ya wanna talk!