10 Years Later....

In a sanatorium, there lies hundreds of people that contain long-term mental illnesses and chronic diseases. They are the more incurable side of the mentally ill. It is said that they are the most violent, most frantic, most eccentric, most erratic of the group.

One thing they could be at peace, and a second later, they would be trying to attack you with what they have left. You would really need to keep your guard.

Some are rather so violent, that they need to be cuffed to make sure they don't attempt any violent behavior. For example, take a look at this young man in his late 20s, cuffed outside of the building to get some fresh air and sunlight. His wrists are locked together in cuffs. His ankles are cuffed, not together, though the distance to spread his legs are rather limited. It is to prevent him from running at something, or at someone. Or maybe even to attempt to escape.

Another man in his early 20s is also cuffed, but his movement to move his legs and arms are less restricted by the cuffs.

And then you could see 2 inmates have only one of their ankles cuffed to the floor. They could play together and run around together. But like the others, their spaces are restricted.

...

Inside the sanatorium, there lies a pair of couple inside the building, waiting for something or someone. A male writer, and a female writer. Both happy and perfect couples for each other with the same hobby, and job. Working with your girlfriend or wife is like the best thing in the world to some men.

And writing a story was one of their agenda, but now they are trying to find source material to write for their new story.

"Here we are, in Chiba's Sanatorium. Where all of the mentally ill are imprisoned for their erratic and explosive behavior. Some have done some serious crimes. Some have done some light crimes. But this particular person has done a hefty amount of crimes and charged with many crimes, and yet, he is not enrolled in a death sentence." The male writer records himself and his wife with his camera he brought in.

"Any thoughts from you, honey?" asked the male writer, to his wife.

"I would like to point out how much of this building's color is white. You know, the color white represents many things. Such as a pure soul, an innocent soul, a clean soul. But in reality, all the inmates here want to tear your face apart. Like chimpanzees in a zoo. Once one of them are let out into the wild, they will start to initiate violence towards the innocents."

"Please do not call my patients a chimpanzees." A voice of an old man who sounds like he has seen some things and has years of experience with his job cuts the female writer off. "They are more valuable than chimpanzees."

The male writer walks up to the doctor, asking for a handshake. "I assume you are Doctor Hira?"

Hira means Healer.

Doctor Healer.

A psychiatrist.

"Indeed. I assume you are here to study him?" Doctor Hira did not spoke of this man's name. As if this man was to be unspoken of in public. Yet they are in a private institution.

Both writers looked at each other and nodded, "Right, we are here for him."

...

A couple of minutes later of the procedures and safety tips, they finally walk to the location of where this person is being held.

"Hikigaya has always been a silent boy. He never speaks, he's quiet, he avoids eye contact from everyone else." Doctor Hira explains his experience with Hikigaya.