The Shape Encounters Rumi

In the neighborhood, multiple police vehicles were parked, with many DNC (Do not cross) tapes covering around 2 specific houses, the houses were exactly right next to each other as well.

As well as ambulances being pulled up, a body was being zipped into a bag as the 2 families weep together.

"I'm so sorry for your lost. Your husband shouldn't have died." The mother hugged the other mother.

"Thankfully, my 2 daughters were saved. But this tragedy will cling onto them for the rest of their lives. They are scarred with the images of their father inside the back of their mind." The now newly widow weeps.

"Jesus christ. A call about a burglary attempt. And the house next to it, there happens to be a murder that occurred. You're the expert here, Doctor Hira! Where the hell do you think he's going towards next?!" An angry and frustrated Yumiko shouts at Doctor Hira.

Doctor Hira was only calm and collective compared to the agitated police officer. "Officer Yumiko, it's just as you said. The unpredictability of Hikigaya is his most powerful asset. Who knows where he may strike?"

Yumiko sighs, "He's probably out there committing more murders."

"Highly unlikely. From what I've experienced with Hikigaya, his killings always have a reason. He just doesn't kill for a reason. It goes all the way back with his first murder. Taishi."

"Well then why did he kill my father?!" Yumiko retaliated, attempting to shut Doctor Hira's theory down. "I am sorry about that. Usually I am a very cool-headed person. It's just that... I just can't help but feel ultimately useless. I can't even find my own father's killer."

"No worries, dear. While it is okay to be angry, it is not okay to let revenge consume you. My suggestion is because of self-defense. No offense, your father may have tried to shoot him with legal reasons, of course. And Hikigaya himself did not like that at all. He is a basic human being like anyone else. He attacks whoever tries to attack him. Humans are built with a self defense mechanism. Self defense is in nature. And if he kills you not for that reason, it's mostly because you're a bad person. Though the scale of that, I cannot figure until he admits himself. And he doesn't talk."

"So you're suggesting that there was a reason he killed the father of 2 daughters, and did it in front of those 2 daughters? And now the father's corpse is ingrained into their innocent little minds?" asked Yumiko, who pointed at the ambulance crew taking the corpse of the father away to the hospital.

"Well if that's the case, my theory is that Hikigaya must've seen something occurred in the family household. Hence why he killed only the father, and not the mother and 2 daughters. Maybe those 2 daughters and the mother were being abused. If you want more evidence, you can take a look at the mother and 2 daughters to see if they have any actual scars on their bodies from the abuse. Or we can just stick to your own theory that he kills whoever he wants to. Or that his greatest asset is his unpredictability."

"I don't have time for this. Let's just be thankful that the witnesses are still alive. Now we need to search for him fast. I'm going to request for a curfew." Yumiko walks to her vehicle as Doctor Hira follows from behind.

They both hop into the vehicle and Yumiko drives, searching endlessly where Hikigaya may be.

"He might even be in one of these houses we have already passed..." Yumiko glances at the many houses she passes by.

"I disagree. He may look and seem like a mindless killer. But he knows that we're trying to find him right now. He commits a few murders and then walks into another county. He did the same thing 10 years ago. His first few murders and then... he went to your old high school."