prologue

°

spring, april tenth nineteen eighty six was a day where two children were playing in the nice, warm weather

spring, april tenth nineteen eighty six was a day where two children were playing in the nice, warm weather. cedric diggory and elizabeth rose were eight years old and playing out in the rose's garden. both were running down the hill, laughing at each other. this would be a usually thing the pair would do.

"slow down lizzie. you might trip if you don't slow down" a eight year old voice rang through young elizabeth's ears. she continued to run down the long hill, laughing at how slow her friend was.

all of a sudden, the young girl felt a pair of hands wrap around her little waist and lift her up into the air. a cry fell out of the girl's mouth as she felt the hands start to tickle her. everyone in elizabeth's life knows she is very ticklish and that she hates being tickled.

"cedric... stop ple-please.." the young girl cried as the boy laughed at his best friend.

"ok, ok sorry" he laughed as he let go of the girl in his arms. elizabeth was breathing heavy when she turned to face cedric.

"you.. you can't just do.. do that" she laughed as she tried to catch her breath.

"yeah but it was fun" the older boy laughed as he lays down on the grass, looking up the the clear blue sky. "come sit with me" he muttered to elizabeth.

without hesitation, lizzie laid beside the young boy on the grass. they both start to pick out the shapes of the clouds above them. they saw chickens, a ball, people and so much more while laying down outside. it had been around ten minutes later before cedric suggested they head back inside. they had just closed the back door when elizabeth's six year old sister, katherine, came running over from the kitchen table.

"lizzie, lizzie, look what i made" the little girl jumped as she really wanted to show her older sister her drawing. it looked like a family portrait of the rose's, standing next to each other. There was a 'L' written above a brown haired girl who lizzie thought was herself and a 'G' above a brown haired boy beside her which she figured was grayson. i mean it looked like a two year old made it but lizzie would never break her sister's heart.

"wow kat, it's amazing. are you sure you drew that?" she playfully asked with a wide smile.

"no i really did draw it, i promise. i worked so hard on it while you were out with cedric" the poor girl probably thought her sister didn't like it. lizzie quickly laughed and smiled.

"well i think it's the prettiest drawing you've done so far. and i think it belongs on the fridge. what do you think ced?" cedric being beside her the whole time, nodded in agreement.

"i think it belongs in an art gallery more but the fridge will due for now" he always thought of the young rose as a sister so he also wouldn't break her heart about the skill of work.

"really? can we do it now" katherine become very happy the both love her drawing as much as she did and how it's good enough for the art fridge. all of the rose kids had a liking for art work, so whenever one was well made, it made it to the 'art fridge'. even some of cedric's make it to their fridge.

elizabeth nodded as she picked her sister up and walked to the fridge. kathrine picked a magnet from it and placed her 'masterpiece' on the fridge and stuck the magnet on the top to keep the page from falling off. once lizzie brought her sister down from her arms, the little girl ran to tell her parents her painting made it to the fridge.

the eight year old laughed at her as she turned to face her friend who had a kind smile plastered on his face. "that was nice"

"i know. i'm a great person" she smirked which made the young boy laugh at her. at that moment, a voice can be heard roaring elizabeth's name. as she turned to face the person, she could already tell it was her twin brother.. grayson. "yes brother?"

"mrs diggory said they're going now" the boy would never speak gianna's name, thinking it was 'disrespectful' not to call her mrs diggory.

"ok and you can call her gianna like.. she said we can" lizzie always thought of the mother as a second mum to her, so calling her by her first name was normal for her.

"nooo" grayson yelled as he ran back to the living room where the adults were. his twin rolled her eyes at him for being (what she calls him) weird. And his comeback would always be "i'm being respectful to our neighbor".

"well i guess we have to continue our race tomorrow" elizabeth commented to her friend as they started to walk to the front door.

"yeah and tomorrow i'm going to win" cedric smirked thinking he'll run faster than lizzie.

this made the young girl laugh. "you never win"

"i've won lots of times actually" he reminded.

"ok.. whatever you say ced" she still laughed. now they were in front of both the diggory's and the rose's at the door.

"well, we better be off then cedric" mr diggory or amos stated to his son.

"why can't he stay here though amos" like gianna, amos was like her second father, he would always get frustrated when elizabeth would do her puppy eyes, like she was doing right now.

once again he got frustrated since he didn't know how to respond since he didn't have a daughter, even though she and katherine were, very much, his daughters. "umm... h-he can't tonight because you both have s-school in the morning" which was correct.

every student attending hogwarts went to a primary school from the ages of four to eleven. and then when they would get their hogwarts letters at their eleventh birthday, they would go to scotland to attend a wizarding school from the ages of eleven to eighteen.

"yes you do so.. come on" gianna giggled as she opened the front door. elizabeth pulled cedric into a tight hug. a normal eight year old boy would be around four feet tall, but the boy was already four feet six inches tall. he was always tall for his age but lizzie was just about four feet tall, maybe a bit shorter.

"remember to leave your window open" the girl whispered to him as she pulled away from the hug. lucky enough, cedric's and elizabeth's bedrooms were facing each other's. so they would always have conversations through their windows. seeing cedric's smirk, she knew he understood his assignment.

with that the diggory's left the rose home. both kids talked all night through their windows until they had to go to sleep due to having school the next morning..

°