Chapter 7: An obstacle

You all walked to school the next morning.

You guys were all excited that there was no practice. Finally, a free day to yourselves after a long day yesterday.

Before you walked through the school gates you heard a voice calling towards you and the other two. "Hey! Ushijima!" You noticed that it was Sakura. "What does she want now?" You groaned. "You okay Kazumi?" Tendou put a hand on your shoulder to comfort you. Sakura then caught up with your group and went to go hug Ushijima's arm. "Hello Ushijima! Hopefully I'm not bothering any of you." She smiled.

Tendou felt awkward and so did you. You both tried to figure out if the captain also felt just as awkward but didn't notice a single change with his stoic expression.

"So! How's school for everyone?" Sakura was forcing a conversation to try and be buddy buddy with everyone. "Great." You replied sheepishly. "It's going well!" Tendou smiled. "Good." Was all that Ushijima said. "Ushijima, I take it that you're doing really well with school?" She squeezed his arm and looked up at him. "Yes." He replied dryly.

As you all walked into the school, all eyes were on you and the group. "Welp! Guess this is goodbye Ushijima!" She let go of his arm and joined her friends and did a final wave back at him.

"Ushijima, do you know her?" You asked worriedly. "She was a friend a while back then she moved to the U.S. for a couple of years and now she returned. She hasn't changed much really." You looked down at the ground in defeat.

"How about you Kazumi?" You shook your head and pretended to not know the scheming wench.

"She had Atsumu wrapped around her finger and now maybe Ushijima." Tendou and Ushijima said their goodbyes to you and you went to change your shoes. When you opened your locker a note was in your shoe.

Better back off of Ushijima or else. It was a warning. But you probably thought it was a fan girl so you threw it away.

During your second class of the day, you noticed Sakura walking towards your direction. "Hello Kazumi-Chan!" She smiled brightly." You kept writing in your notebook without giving her attention.

"Hm?" She forced a smile as she bent down to your level, she had gotten closer to you. "Kaz-u-mi-chan. It's not polite to ignore people when they're talking to you." She said with a forced smile.

You looked up at her and just stared with a straight face. "Don't call me that." You then got up and was met with Ushijima to head out to lunch. Then Sakura ran over to you and grabbed your arm. "Let's all eat lunch together!" She smiled.

"Sure." Ushijima replied. You felt uncomfortable. You felt like yelling and screaming. You felt a disturbing feeling in your gut and tried not to remember what happened with Atsumu. But this girl kept pushing it.
————————
Days and days went by and Sakura was still following you guys around. Except she sat with Ushijima and the rest of the boys volleyball team when the time passed.

"What's up with her lately?" Niki death glared at sakura's direction. "It's weird that Sakura had been rather...polite lately." Mitsuri replied. "I really don't care to be honest." You sighed and rested your head on the table.

Then you noticed your phone buzz. You looked down at your lap while resting your head.

Ushiwaka

Turn around.

You then looked up and turned around. As you turned around you felt a large hand grab your wrist. "Kazumi. Come with me." Ushijima then pulled you up and dragged you to your area of the library. "Ushijima. What is g-going on-" he then covered you mouth to silence you and leaned against you.

"Shhh." He whispered. He was close to your lips. Only thing preventing you from your urges was his finger hushing you. "Ushijima! Where are you?" You hear Sakura whisper yell. "She's been following me around too much. I don't like that." He whispered in your ear.

You shuddered as his breath hit your ear. "W-why am I here then?" You whispered back. "Because...I'd rather spend time with you than her."

Your eyes widened and you turned a deep red. "R-really?" You looked up at him and your noses almost touched. "Of course I would. Why wouldn't I?" He seemed unfazed by how close you were together. He then broke you out of your trance as he stood upright.

You then grabbed his arm and squeezed it. "Kazumi?" You then let go. "Ah, I-I'm sorry." You let go. "Are you okay?" He looked at you worried. "Yeah, but you're hiding from Sakura just to be with me?" He nodded his head.

"I see." You looked down. "Just because he says that, it doesn't mean anything. He's just going to end up abandoning you for someone better." Ushijima then noticed you were down.

"Come to my game today." You looked up at him surprised. "Are you sure that's alright?" He nodded. "Can I bring Niki and Mitsuri?" He nodded again. "Alright. I will." He then formed a small smile.  You have to admit, it was kinda cute. "I'll tell my coach that you three will be our managers for the day."
————————————
You all packed up and were ready to go. Mitsuri and Niki sat next to each other and you sat behind them by yourself. You stared out the window and watched the early morning sun set. "Is anyone sitting here?" You looked up to see a light haired boy staring down at you waiting for an answer. It was Eita Semi.

"You can now

"You can now." You smiled, then continued to look out the window as the pinch setter sat down. Ushijima noticed him sit next to you and sat behind you with Tendou by his side.

"So...how's your volleyball season going?" He asked. You then made small talk with Eita and you both talked for a while. You talked about hobbies and what you guys liked to do.

Later, you slowly got tired and bobbed your head as to stay awake. Then fell asleep against the window. Eita smiled and laid his jacket to keep you warm.

A couple minutes later, you moved again but your head this time was laying against his shoulder. Ushijima noticed but didn't react. "Ooo. Eita is making moves on our Kazumi huh?" Tendou whispered.

The captain then stared down the red head causing him to cower in his seat. "Heh heh...I take that back."