Chapter 9: Anxiety II

"Now!"

Reon dove for the ball and it barely went high enough, but it was high enough for Shirabu to pass to the team captain. The ball was in the air and Goshiki, Ushijima and Tendou jumped in unison towards the ball.

The three yelled "LION'S ROAR!" Atsumu panicked and didn't know who was going to hit the ball first. Then he noticed Tendou was first and jumped to block the ball. But Tendou was just a distraction, leaving Osamu to block Goshiki, who was also a distraction. And then Ushijima slammed the ball hard enough to leave a small scratch across Atsumu's right cheek.

The ball slammed into the court and the buzzer went off. The crowd went wild and everyone cheered in excitement. Inarizaki's team then felt horribly defeated and some laid on the gym floor. Atsumu fell onto his knees and stared at the ground. He then heard your voice and looked at your direction.

"I'm so proud of you guys!" You ran to Tendou and gave him and Ushijima a big hug. Niki rubbed her knuckles onto Goshiki' and Reon's heads and Mitsuri happily handed out water bottles while congratulating the team. You then looked up at Ushijima and he looked down smiling.

You then gave him a big hug. "If you didn't cheer me on back there, I don't think we would've made it far." He said as he gently patted your head. Eita came and wiped his face. "Yeah he's right! Thank you Kazumi!" Eita fist bumped you with a large smile.
————————
Niki and Mitsuri were helping the others pack the bus. You texted them that you were using the bathroom and once you finished you walked out. "Kazumi." You heard a familiar voice, but not a voice you didn't want to remember ever again. You then looked forward and walked away.

"Kazumi wait." Atsumu grabbed your wrist. "Please Kazumi." Your eyes went wide you and you tried to remove your wrist from his strong grasp. "No, let me go Atsumu. I don't want to talk to you right now." He let go. You slowly walked away and he spoke.

"I'm sorry Kazumi." You stopped and heard him walk towards you. "I swear, I won't cheat ever again. It was all just a misunderstanding and I know I was stupid but please. I want you back." You sighed. "Maybe you should've thought about that before you asked me to be your girlfriend."

"I'm sorry, okay? I promise it won't happen again. Look Sakura forced herself onto me and-" you whipped around. "And YOU continued to do what she wanted. What part of "I don't love you anymore" and "we're done" do you not understand?"

"Kazumi I-" then you felt a pair of large hands wrap around your shoulders from behind. "It's time to go Kazumi. Let's go back." Ushijima then glared at the blonde. "Get the hint next time." He then grabbed your hand and pulled you away from Atsumu.

Osamu then came to Atsumu and handed him a water bottle. "You still cheated." And walked away to go change out of his volleyball uniform with his crying brother.
————————
You sat next to Ushijima on the ride back home. You had returned Eita's jacket to him and you were shaking. Not from the cold, but from your experience with your ex. Ushijima then wrapped his jacket around you and used his one arm to pull you against him.

"Sleep, it will make you feel better." You then leaned against him as he protected you with his one arm wrapped around you. You teared up a little and tried to sleep away the anxieties that lingered in your mind.

Although he was exhausted, Tendou opened his eye and peaked over at Ushijima. "Hmm? What is this Ushiwaka?" He whispered. Ushijima then laid his head back and ignored Tendou's attempt at teasing. He noticed you trembling in your sleep and mouthing something softly.

"Don't...leave me." You mouthed. Ushijima then wrapped his arm tighter around you. Niki and Mitsuri watched worriedly as he tried to calm you and let it be. You calmed down and your breathe slowed, letting Ushijima know it worked.

He then closed his eyes again and drifted to sleep.
——————
You arrived at the highschool and you slowly woke up to people unpacking as you looked out the window. You then noticed a pressure on your shoulder and realized it was the large olive haired captain sleeping soundly.

He was laying on you and you panicked. You also noticed that his arm was also wrapped around you. "Oh m-my, what do I do?!?" You then gently tapped his forehead and he blinked quickly. You have to admit, it was really cute. "H..hm? Are we here yet?" He then lifted his head and quickly sat up straight. "I-I'm sorry."

You then grabbed his arm and hugged it tightly. No one else was on the bus and it was just the both of you. "Thank you Ushiwaka." You giggled.