Chapter 22

Finals are officially over. I repeat, finals are now officially over. All my friends are happy, the teachers are happy. Am I happy too? I am not happy. My conscience weights so heavy, my mind pondering things that I shouldn't be thinking.

My emotions are all mixed.

"WOO!! SAY BYE BYE TO SCHOOL!!"

"This is how my high school life officially ended."

"GUYS LET'S HAVE A REUNION NEXT YEAR."

All my classmates are overwhelmed with joy, happiness but also with sadness. It's our last day being classmates, after this each of them will go to different paths. Some might go to college, some might go to different universities, some might go to universities outside the country and some might be opening a business or inherit their family's business.

Evoking to what happened during accounting final exam, I did answered all of them but I'm scared. What if I made careless and small mistakes again? What if I miscalculated? When me and Mr. Jeon are having our last class together, I couldn't answer all of it correctly. I still did the same mistakes again and again.

I'm so dumb.

"Gyeol ah, finals are over, stop frowning!" Seokmin nagged at me.

"Huh? Yeah, finals are over." I nodded my head.

"What's wrong? Aren't you're supposed to be happy that finals are now over? You don't have to deal with Mr. Jeon again!" Hansol gushed strenuously.

That's what I'm worried about.

"Guys, guys, let's celebrate later. We can have our dinner together after school ended!" Seokmin offered all of us. All my friends agreed, they nailed their eyes to me, waiting for my answer.

"Sure." I smiled.

And school are over. I went to the teacher's office but I didn't see any glimpse of Mr. Jeon.

"Are you looking for Mr. Jeon?" It's Mr. Hong.

"Yeah, do you know where he is, Mr. Hong?"

"Hm, he have meeting with the principal among with Mr. Wen." Answered Mr. Hong.

"Alright, thanks Mr. Hong." I bowed and walked away.

My friends are waiting for me at the foyer. The fact that I didn't have the chance to see Mr. Jeon on my last day of attending this school is so sad.. I wanted to thank him as well as apologize to him for my behavior towards him during my two years of being his student.

I've been really a bad student to him. I am that one student who disrespected him the most, that one student who disobeyed him all the time and also that one student who disappointed him every time.

I regret everything now.

But it's too late.

I wish I regret it more sooner, so I could change myself to be a better student for him more sooner too.

"So, did you see Mr. Jeon?" Asked Jihoon. I simply shook my head as an answer.

"Why though? Don't you hate him? Why would you wanna see him again?" Seungkwan questioned, perplexed.

"Yeah, that's exactly what I thought." Hansol agreed.

The moment we arrived at the restaurant, we ordered our foods. All of them are chitchatting mostly about the questions that came out during the finals. I can see both Mingyu and Seohee are brightly smiling, I'm sure they did very well during accounting exam as well as the other exams.

My other subjects are fine, I don't have any difficulty answering them, but it's just accounting here the one that I'm worried about the most. Accounting is the only subject that I dedicated my time the most in studying and doing revisions. Same goes to Mr. Jeon, his efforts are no joke. There's no way I could pay back what he've done to me.