VII: The Spectre

Anthony walked with a brisk pace across the parking lot of his apartment complex. He lived about four miles from all of his other friends, which put him in a position that he could easily run in and stop someone if they came after his friends.

He pulled out his keys and started exiting his building so he could go and unlock his car and leave for the inner kingdom, when he was distracted by a pair of headlights coming his way. He squinted his eyes a bit so he could get a better look at who was coming, but felt a hand grasp his arm and yank him away from the oncoming light.

Next thing he knew, he was being pressed against the wall of his building under a skyway. He couldn't see the person properly in the middle of the night, but as his eyes began to adjust, he swore it was female. The voice of the person confirmed it.

???: Hey! Don't struggle!

Anthony: What the hell are you doing! Let go!

He rips his hands away from the person, but they slam back into him with frightening speed. Her face came into view as he pulled out his phone and turned on the flashlight.

His phone was knocked out of his hands, but the light remained facing upwards, revealing it to be Meggy.

Anthony: M-Meggy!? What the hell are you-!?

She puts a hand over his mouth and steps over the flashlight of his phone as she looks over to the parking lot to watch as the car slowly drove by, seeming to be looking for something. They stopped at Anthony's car, but kept driving when they noticed that no one was in it.

Meggy slowly let go of Anthony's mouth, and he immediately spoke, making sure to keep his voice low, but his tone suggested he wasn't in the mood.

Anthony: Okay. Talk.

Meggy: Trident, you're not going to like this, but-

Anthony: Why are you calling me that? You already know my name.

Meggy: Sorry...Anthony...I...I just need you to listen to me.

Anthony: I ain't listening to shit when you're acting like this! Just flat out tell me! Not explain!

Meggy: Okay. Those guys you just saw? They're looking for you.

Anthony: Sentinel?

Meggy: I don't know about that one.

Anthony then noticed something that looked super off about her face. She didn't have an eyepatch on like usual.

Anthony: Woah...Meggy. Your eye. It...It healed?

Meggy: Um...Yeah. Yeah it healed.

Anthony: Why did you come? Out of all people?

Meggy: Okay, you have to believe me when I tell you this...but I—

Anthony realized how close she was to him pushed her away.

Anthony: Absolutely not.

Meggy: What? What the hell was that?

Anthony: I am not about to do some frisky business with you! You've got Mario!

Meggy: Hey! Woah! You are the last person I'd ever think about like that!

Anthony: First off: Ow. Secondly...

Meggy: You've thought about it!?

Anthony: Maybe! I ain't disclosing shit though!

He approached her, easily standing a good four to five inches taller.

Anthony: This better be worth my time. Just because you're a friend, doesn't mean you're immune to being threatened acting like this.