VI. Friend or Foe (Part 2)

Footsteps slowly traversed across a dark room, expensive heels of the shoe clicking on the solid ground with each step.
A man in a nicely fitted uniform walked up to a group of others, who had their backs to him.

Drake: Ahem...

He snaps his fingers a couple times, gaining their attention.

The figures turned around to face him, and Mr. Drake was far too used to their appearances by now.

Drake: Well...Isn't this splendid?

Obidion: *snarling* What do you think you're doing down here?

Drake: Watch your tone when speaking to me.

Dark Squid: What brings you down here, Drake?

Drake: ...As you all may know by now...Travierezaurx...will no longer be joining us.

Obidion slams his fist into a pillar, dropping loose dust from the ceiling and walls.

Obidion: I knew that traitor was weak! I should just tear his bowels from where he stands!

Drake holds up a hand, silencing him.

Drake: I know you all are getting highly unsettled being cooped up down here...so I am going to let you all go free.

Obidion: You think I want to be out there?

He references to above ground with a pointed claw.

Obidion: I don't want any part of your little traps.

Drake: Oh don't you worry, my boy...

Obidion stomps forward and slams his crimson red blade down beside Drake.

Obidion: I can crush you like an insect! Don't you call me that!

Drake only puts out his hand and clasps it around Obidion's arm, and wrenches it free of the sword, forcing him to take a step back, clutching his now bleeding arm with a snarl.

Drake: Don't you even think of forgetting who's really inside this vessel.

Obidion continues to take a few steps back, but eventually falls to his knees, trying to ignore the pain.

Obidion: ...I am deeply sorry. Forgive me, Father.

Drake: I'll let it slide. Once.

He looks to a darker portion of the room.

Drake: Arraksis? You have a say. Want to share your thoughts on going to the surface?

A mechanical clicking noise came from the shadows as something dragged along the ground towards them. Dark Squid actually stepped behind Obidion. She was actually terrified of Arraksis.

He stepped into view of the others, and immediately, his war torn face came into view, atop his many, mechanical legs.

Obidion: What in the name of Erebus is that!?

Drake: Obidion...Dark Squid...Meet Arraksis. Your war leader.

Arraksis stood silently, just his own breathing causing mechanical crunches and whirrs from his body. It sounded almost like he wheezed every time he exhaled.

Drake: Arraksis...Why don't you introduce yourself?

Arraksis held out an arm as it literally transformed from a robotic arm into a high powered rifle.

Drake: Ey Ey Ey...Easy. These are allies, not enemies.

Arraksis: Why should I listen to a small meat bag like you?