ELEVEN: THE BAT AND THE HOCKEY STICK

(TW: THIS GIF IN THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS FLASHING LIGHTS. IF THAT IS TRIGGERING TO YOU, I SUGGEST YOU SKIP OVER IT.)

ELEVEN: THE BAT AND THE HOCKEY STICK

("The Upside Down" I)

PENNY, FRANK, JONATHAN, AND NANCY QUIETLY WALKED INTO THE POLICE STATION, STARING AT THE OFFICER WITH A CIGARETTE IN HIS HAND. The sound of the radio playing was heard.

They made their way to Hopper's office and Jonathan walked in and grabbed the box of things they purchased earlier in the day. He walked out and Frank and Penny followed. Nancy grabbed a fire extinguisher and trailed behind them.

☾➴☆♡☽

JONATHAN'S CAR ARRIVED AT THE BYERS' HOME AND THE FOUR TEENGAERS EXITED THE CAR. They walked to the trunk. Jonathan opened it and they started taking out their supplies. Nancy pulled out the tank of gas and the fire extinguisher, Penny pulled out her hockey stick, Jonathan pulled out the box containing the other items, and Frank pulled out nothing.

Nancy closed the trunk and they walked into the home. They dropped the items on the ground and stared down at them. They looked at each other, before getting to work.

First, they added the bulbs back on the Christmas lights string. Second, Jonathan and Penny nailed the bear traps in place. They pulled on the chains, to see if it was sturdy. The two of them looked back at Nancy and Frank for confirmation. They simply nodded. They both came over and helped set the trap. After that, Nancy and Frank started loading the gun. Frank gave her the bullets and she placed them inside. Then, Penny and Jonathan began placing nails in a bat, with the assistance of a hammer. While they were working on that, Nancy began pouring the gasoline on the ground. Next, Jonathan checked the lighter. Then, he placed a yo-yo with a yellow smiley face over a chair. And just like that, they were ready.

Jonathan walked to the kitchen and came back with four knives. The group of four stood in a circle. Jonathan handed out the knives to the others.

"Remember..." Jonathan started.

"Straight into Will's room. And—"

"Don't step on the trap," Jonathan finished cutting the other three off.

"Wait for the yo-yo to move," the other three said again.

"Then..." Jonathan opened the lighter and a flame came out.

"Frank stabs it and we set the place on fire," Penny finished.

"All right. You guys ready?" Jonathan asked the others.

"Ready," they replied.

They lifted up their knives, placing it on their hands. "On three," ordered Jonathan.