Chapter 10

Cole took the phone Kaden handed him. "What's going on?"

"You have a missed call from your sister."

"Oh. Thanks." He looked at the screen. Actually three missed calls. "I'd better take this." He nodded to Kaden and wandered around the house until he landed upstairs in a private room.

He called Nicole back. "Nic? What's up?"

Deep, agonizing, gut wrenching sobs reached him. Nicole's voice was barely audible underneath her crying.

"Nic! What's wrong?"

Nicole tried to calm herself but she couldn't. "Seth...another woman...kiss....cheated."

Raw, infuriating anger hit him. "What?!"

Nicole took a deep breath and started to cry again. Cole shushed her soothingly. She took in another shaky breath and sniffed. "I walked into the old storage room to find a pair of spare scrubs for Amelia. When I opened the door..." She sobbed again. "When I opened the door..." More sobs.

"Nic, deep breaths. What happened?" Cole asked.

"When I opened the door, Seth and Elena Baker were..."

"Nic?" Cole questioned again when she stopped to blow her nose.

"My fiancé was lip-locked with another woman!" She cried, then melted into more tears.

Cole picked up a pillow and threw it across the room. "I am so, so very sorry Nicole. What did he say?"

"He turned, said I can explain, I yelled at him for being so shallow, and ran off. He didn't even come after me." She added that last part in a silent whisper.

Cole threw the pillow again. "Nicole, this is not fair. I can't imagine what you're going through. I'm so sorry. Have you told anyone else?" His twin deserved better than rejection. Way better.

"No." She sniffled.

Cole's heart broke. Nicole was an amazing woman. Around those she didn't know, she was less of her usual, amazing self, but she knew how to act. But around family, she was the most extroverted extrovert. He saw how happy Seth made her, but this, this was crossing the line. He was going to do a number to Seth's face when he got back home. "Nic, I'm sorry."

"I thought he loved me. Why do people do things like this Cole?" Nicole whimpered. "What's wrong with me?"

"Nothing's wrong with you. Seth just didn't understand that he was leaving the most amazing woman behind for some creep."

Nicole gave a cold laugh. "Elena is the prettiest nurse in the hospital. Seth most definitely

didn't want an ugly hag like me."

"You are not ugly Nic." He continued to use the nickname only she let him use. He hoped it reminded her of how much he loved his twin.

"Then why does everyone else in the family have someone? I know about Hazel. Everyone else has an amazing person, but I obviously don't deserve one." Nicole started to weep again. "This sucks Cole."

Cole's hands were tied. There was nothing he could do from hundreds of miles away. "Nicole, I'm going to call Dominic. Then I'm going to get Liv to bring you to her place to stay the night."

"But Liv's on a date with Jack." Nicole wailed. "I just want Seth back." She started to cry again.

"Listen to me. This is going to be okay. You have every right to be sad, angry, and feeling miserable. Now I don't want you to go do anything rash. Promise me that. I love you Nicole. I'm sorry. I'm going to call Dominic and have him reach Liv. Sit tight here okay?"