Epilogue

Five Months Later

Wagner Sunday Dinner

Cole opened the door to his parents house for Hazel. He couldn't help but sneak a look at the diamond ring sitting on her ring finger. Hazel had gone with a small, simple, yet elegant ring. She was going to be his wife in a matter of weeks. How he got so lucky, he didn't know.

Visible tension had faded from Hazel when Whatcom was taken from the wreckage months ago and brought to a hospital, where he was then transferred to the state penitentiary. A life sentence. She was getting back in the swing of things and enjoying her time getting to know his family.

Honestly God, why is she so beautiful? Inside and out.

Hazel caught him staring and planted a kiss on his cheek, "Get inside, it's freezing. Why does February have to be so cold?"

He smiled, "Maybe because it's winter?"

She shook her head, smiling. "All right smartypants I get it."

"Hazel!" Chloe waved her in, "Hi!"

It had been obvious that Hazel and Chloe were good friends, their personalities fit perfectly.

"Hi Chloe."

Hazel was ushered in and Cole was left in the dust.

"Hey man." Jack slapped Cole's shoulder.

"Hey. You know, pre-wedding looks good on you."

Jack grinned, "It better. Only four days and I marry the woman of my dreams."

"After eight years of dreaming it finally happened."

Jack shook his head, smiling and walked off to find his fiancé.

Cole took off his coat and shoes. "Hi Mom."

Amber smiled, "Hi honey."

"Cole." Nicole waved him over.

He joined his twin in the living room, "What?"

Nicole held Lesley, "She's grumpy. You take her." She dumped the girl in his arms and joined the rest of the women playing UNO.

"Are you grumpy? No you're not, Nuh-huh." Cole played with Lesley for a bit and then watched the women playing their game. Nicole was smiling, which was a rare sight these days. She was feeling better about Seth, but still very hurt. Cole looked over at Grace and raised his brows, "Grace!"

She looked up. "Yeah?"

"What's that card doing in your pocket?" He smirked.

Her face tinged pink and she pulled it out, "Uh...Hey, I wonder where this came from?"

Hunter stood next to him with Aeden. "Wow, my wife, cheating at UNO."

Cole laughed.

The rest of the night was practically a blur. The whole family was in a great mood. Dinner consisted of chicken alfredo and Chad's home cooked garlic bread.

After dinner, Amber came by and handed them all breath mints.

Olivia took them with a puzzled look, "Why breath mints?"

Chad grinned, "Because when you all go to kiss your spouse or fiancé you don't want garlic on your breath do you?"

Cole took the mint eagerly and wiggled his eyebrows at Hazel. She grinned and took her mint as well.

They played charades after dinner, teamed up in groups of four and such. Jack, Olivia, Cole and Hazel were all teamed up. On their turn Cole and Hazel got the card, a wedding. Cole smiled slowly and Hazel cocked her head. Olivia rolled her eyes, "Probably something dumb."

"I'll say."

Jack and Olivia sat down on the couch, ready to guess what Cole and Hazel were going to act out. They took their space in the living room. Dominic flipped the timer, "You have forty-five seconds."

Cole gave a smitten smile, "Forty-five seconds..."

He dipped down and kissed Hazel. Hazel was surprised, then understood. A wedding. The kiss. She deepened the kiss, smiling.

Jack started laughing and Olivia grinned. "I wonder what the card is."

Cole pulled away. "How many seconds Dom?"

Dominic rolled his eyes playfully, "Ten."

Hazel laughed. Cole grinned, "How 'bout it?" He bent down and continued to kiss his fiancé, enjoying every second of it.