Chapter Ten

Y/n looked up as a shockwave hit him, followed by the sound of a high pitched explosion.

What's going on?!

Y/n rushed to the front of his house, looking around to see nothing initially. As he turned his eyes to the sky, the boy spotted Ms. Ezaki standing on top of a tall building with her weapon drawn.

Another attack??

"Hey, kid! Get back in your house!!"

In the trees, Y/n spotted a man nested on a branch.

"It's too dangerous out here!"

"What's going on?" Y/n inquired.

"I don't know, but Mr. Shin sent out an order for everyone to stay in their houses!"

Y/n looked around before walking back into his house. In the living room, Yujin and Mrs. Ahn looked on with worry.

"What's going on, Oppa?"

"Are you okay?" Mrs. Ahn asked.

Y/n nodded, "There's apparently in order for us to stay in our houses."

Mrs. Ahn nodded, "That's what that high pitched sound was."

"You knew?"

"It was something that was supposed to be taught to you later on during your academy training."

"Oh... How do you know it? I thought you never made it to the academy."

"Your father taught me."

"Speaking of him, what is he doing for all this time? Why hasn't he been home in a while?"

"Your father told me he was sent abroad to talk peace."

"That's why he's been gone for so long?"

"Yeah."

Y/n sighed, "I see..."

With somewhat heavy shoulders, Y/n walked to his room.

I wanted to at least tell him that I made it into the academy...

Mr. Park danced around the battlefield, weaving in between energy blasts. With each movement, the instructor kept an eye on Ms. Jang, making sure she remained out of harm's way.

They don't seem to be too skilled with their alleles- if at all... The one in the back has multiple alleles according to Won, so if my predictions are correct-

Mr. Park blinked in front of the two men in front of him, knocking them out in an instant. With only the third man left, Mr. Park crossed his arms.

"You guys have been tampering with alleles, haven't you?"

The man stepped back, "You won't get anything out of me!"

Suddenly, a dark spiraling portal appeared behind the man, but before he could take another step, Mr. Park appeared behind him, knocking him out. As he moved to catch the man, Mr. Park caught an energy blast from behind him, throwing it into the portal. Curious, Mr. Park looked up to see the man who shot the energy blast pass out.

What's going on? He should have passed out the moment I hit him...

Mr. Park turned to the closing portal with strained eyes. Once closed, the instructor sighed.

"Things are getting really fishy."

"What should we do now?" Ms. Jang asked.

"Head back."