𝚄𝚗𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚍 𝙱𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜

"One order of chocolate chip pancakes heading your way little man. Holler if you all need anything else!" Amy, the waitress cheerfully stated as she placed the plate on the table.

Lorelai nodded contently with a small smile, "Thank you again."

Mason grinned as if he had just won the lottery, "I can't believe we got breakfast food for dinner."

"It's the best time to have it," Lorelai stated seriously, making the boy giggle.

"Remember to chew your food, we don't need a repeat of last time," Daniel chided the boy.

Lorelai raised an eyebrow, "What happened last time?"

"I choked on my chicken sandwich. And dad panicked so much because he thought I was gonna die," Mason shook his head, "I didn't obviously. I'm too young for that."

Lorelai raised a hand to her mouth in playful shock, "Wow, you must be one tough cookie huh?"

"I got to eat one after that too!" Mason cheered with his mouth full as Daniel sighed.

Lorelai laughed, "What kind?"

The boy peaked up at her question and gave a toothy grin, "Chocolate chip, duh! That's like the best kind of cookie you could ever get."

Lorelai grinned, elated at the fact Mason liked chocolate chip. Daniel smiled, noticing her reaction.

"Hey bud, do you know Lorelai likes chocolate chip cookies too?" Daniel laughed softly as Mason gasped.

She sheepishly smiled, "Pancakes too."

"No way! You're my favorite person now," he said with wide eyes.

Daniel feigned hurt towards his son, "Hey!"

Suddenly, Lorelai's phone rang. Quickly looking over the caller ID, she cursed internally, quickly excusing herself from the table. "Hello?"

"Hey, you're not gonna believe this but we got a case, and one for the books," said Elle said.

She sighed, "Um, okay. I'm on my way."

"Another case?" Mason asked with a sigh as she returned to the table.

Lorelai smiled apologetically, "Yes, but I promise the team and I will get it done super fast."

"Excuse me, can we get to-go boxes and the bill?" Daniel asked a nearby waitress as they all got ready to leave.

Amy, the waitress nodded, "Sure thing! Here's the bill. I'll get you those boxes right now"

*****

Back at Quantico, Lorelai ran into the team as she walked in. They all walked into the elevator.

Morgan smiled at her, "What's in the box?"

"Pancakes," she smiled.

Elle laughed, "Pancakes? At this hour?"

"They taste better at night," Lorelai shrugged, "You get to fully enjoy it. Plus, I didn't know we'd be called in. What's the case for?"

Hotch out his phone in his pocket, "The Keystone Killer."

"He's back?" Spencer's eyes widened.

Hotch nodded, "Yeah."

Spencer excitingly smiled, "So that means Max Ryan-"

"Is here," Hotch finished, "Yeah. He's here with Gideon."

"So they've been here all night?" Morgan asked as the doors to the elevator opened.