𝚖𝚛 𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚒𝚜𝚎𝚗

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐭. 𝟒

*****

Hotch, Lorelai, and JJ arrived at the Greisen household. Mr. Greisen invited them in to talk. The living room was very inviting with many books on the shelves and blankets on the sofas.

"How old was Ingrid when your wife passed?" Lorelai asked.

Mr. Greisen sighed, "14."

"Then you raised her on your own?" She followed up.

He nodded.

"Why didn't you report your daughter as missing, Mr. Greisen?" Hotch asked.

Mr. Greisen shrugged, "I didn't know she was missing. She has her own place. She has her own life at school. Her own friends."

"When was the last time you had a conversation with her?" Lorelai asked.

Mr. Greisen thought for a moment, "Couple weeks ago. She's been going through a phase the past couple of months. Distancing herself."

"Do you know if anyone threatened her?" Lorelai followed up.

He shook his head, "Not that I know of."

"Have you received any menacing phone calls or seen anyone in the neighborhood?" Elle asked, "Anything that's been unusual at all?"

"No, nothing like that," he sighed.

"We have reason to believe that the people who kidnapped your daughter may be politically motivated," Hotch stated, "They killed those kids, and they kidnapped Ingrid in the name of their cause."

Lorelai nodded, "We think the first thing or the best thing you can do to help your daughter is for you to go on the news."

"How will that help Ingrid?" Mr. Greisen asked.

"By personalizing Ingrid, her kidnappers will feel more responsible for the damage they do to her if we make her a familiar face to the public," Lorelai explained, "The public will make it personal. Their cause would be harmed if they hurt her."

Mr. Greisen nodded understandingly, "That'll stop them from killing her?"

Lorelai sighed, "It might."

"Okay," Mr. Greisen returned the sigh.

*****

Lorelai, Elle, and Hotch walked down the hall to Ingrid's childhood room leaving JJ with Mr. Greisen.

"Hey," Elle greeted Morgan.

Morgan gave them a nod, "So?"

"This guy is weird. It's like he's not guilty at all," Lorelai answered.

Hotch nodded then added, "Fathers blame themselves when a child is kidnapped. As irrational as it is, it's typical...This guy didn't do that. Why not?"

"Well, in these situations, innocent parents, they don't hide their feelings of guilt while guilty parents do," Elle said.

"It's almost as if he already knows she's missing," Lorelai added.

Morgan put down the book in his hands, "So we're thinking this guy's guilty?"

"Of something," Hotch nodded

*****

The team was able to set up a time for the news to get to the house. After the team waited, with Lorelai and Hotch still in the room.