Chapter 15

Sam and I have been communicating better but our emotional connection is still struggling. We have not been very intimate. We literally had sex once this week. That is unusual even prior to the arrangement we had sex 2-3 times a week. However, I can't even complain, I am being taken care of very well.

I sip on my wine while eating my pizza sitting across the table from Sam.

"How was your day?" Sam asks

"It's was good... relaxing." I say not even making eye contact

"What did you do?" He ask and he seems to be genuine.

"Uh...I went for my morning run and... I hung out with Ryan for a little while. Actually, he had me fix Ava's skirt."

"Then...we had sex" I say quickly to just get it over with.

He does not say anything immediately as he looks at the pizza on his plate.

"Okay..." he says while staring in my eyes.

Sam has never been able to fake his emotions. If his face doesn't say it, his eyes will. I can see that even though his mouth says okay and his face is blank, his eyes show me he is bothered.

"It was quick. Nothing serious" I say to him trying to ease the tension

"I said okay... this is what we signed up for."

"I- I am suppose to meet up with him tonight after dinner... is that alright with you?"

"Yeah... Lindsay's coming over anyway" he says while standing from the table. I watch him as he slowly walks over to the sink

I grab my plate and meet Sam at the sink.

"Are you sure you are okay with this?" I ask

He turns to me and stares in my eyes.

He places my curls behind my ear and moves inches from my face.

"I am perfectly fine with it. One thing I don't have to worry about is you catching feelings for this guy. Or him catching feelings for you. So, I'm not worried." He says as he places a soft kiss on my lips.

Well...

Lindsay knocks on the sliding door and slides it open. Breaking the awkwardness I felt knowing I had something for Ryan, not sure if it's feelings or not.

"Hey y'all!" She says cheerfully

"Hey girly!" I say give her a side hug

"Where almost one week in, how does everyone feel?" She says looking between Sam and I.

"Good." Sam says

"Great..." I say

"That's amazing! It seems like this was a great decision after all." Lindsay says with a huge smile.

"Oh! I almost forgot, Ryan and I want you guys to go out to lunch with us tomorrow, you know, to celebrate our first of many weeks together."

"I think that would be nice" I say while shaking my head.

"Awesome... you better get over there, Ryan is waiting for you. He's in his office."

"Okay..." I say awkwardly

"Have fun..." Lindsay says as I walk toward the door

Butterflies begin to fill my stomach as I get excited to see Ryan again. I am basically rushing to get there. I knock and walk into the sliding door.

"Ryan?" I say with an elevated voice causing a echo in the nearly empty house.

"I'm in here" he say back loud with his deep sexy voice