Chapter 37 (Editing)

Sam's POV

I watch Trich as she sleeps on the other side of the bed.

I lost control of myself again tonight. She does that to me. I tried to fight it but the way she consoled me after the funeral today showed how much she cares about me. And I just, I let my guard down and those beautiful eyes trapped me. And we made love. We made good love.

I hate that I hate her because I know she is it for me. I knew that from the moment we met she was it for me. Even if we separate, I will never be able to love another woman the way I love Trich which is part of the reason I hate her so much. She has ruined any chances of a future anything for me because I am hatefully and madly in love with her.

As I switch my attention between her beautiful face and huge belly, I am hesitant to put my hand on her belly. I go to place my hand there, she moves and I freeze. She is sleeping so peacefully and I don't want to disturb her, so I just watch.

I see a bright light come on behind Trich. I realize it's her phone that has lit up on the nightstand.

I have an urge to look.

I shouldn't look but the way things have unfolded I have the urge to check.

I move out the bed and quietly walk over to Trich's nightstand. I can see another notification has popped up because her phone lights up again.

I pick up her phone and I see a text message from an unknown number.

Who is this?  Why is this blowing up her phone?

Another text pops up. I have no choice but to unlock and read what this has so much to say to my wife.

Unknown number: Hey Trich. I missed my updated picture this week. How is the little one doing? I bet they are growing like a weed. How are you feeling? Any morning sickness? I know you said it started coming back a little since the end of the second trimester.

Why does this unknown person know so much about Trich.

Who the hell is this?

Unknown number: I recently got a contract extension so I will be around for a while. I was hoping once the baby is born, we could figure out some way for me to see them without Sam or Lindsay knowing.

As I read that last sentence, it finally hits me who this is.

Him. I should have known it was him.

Another message pops up as I am process it all.

Unknown number: Did you get your custom box of chocolates that you told me not to get you lol? Did you like it. I can get another if you did like it?

He knows about her chocolate pregnancy craving. How could she discuss something so personal with him? That was my thing to get her boxes of chocolate when she was pregnant.

Unknown number: Have a goodnight. Give the little munchkin a kiss for me.

He had nicknames for the baby...Is he the father? Does Trich know this and lied to me about it. That's what it feels like.

I put the phone down and I walk down stairs to the kitchen. I need a drink. This situation has made me drink more than I would like to. I've been drunk one too many times. And tonight was about to be another.

I feel pain and heartbreak but not to the degree I felt it before. Right now, what I feel the most is nothing. I am done. I just feel done.

I tried to fight for this by fighting my personal battles so I could forgive her. I knew she still talked to him but this... this is more than "just talking about the baby". How do I know she is not still fucking him? How do I know that she really does not know who the father is? How can I trust her when I have caught her lying over and over again?