Maddy Perez [soft spot only for her ]

warnings: underage drinking, parties, mentions of drug usage (marijuana), angst, season 2 spoilers! mentions of abuse, sexual tension, cussing, maybe internalized homophobia?

a/n: Self-indulgence at its finest. It's what I do best. Please don't read this if you're sensitive to any of the topics listed above. Euphoria deals with a lot of heavy topics. Look out for yourselves.

Maddy Perez zoomed in and out of the swelling crowds and stalked down the narrow hallway to the nearest bathroom. You hadn't arrived together, though it was unlikely you'd leave separately, and you had watched from the couch alongside Fezco, who was surveying the surrounding room. After some time, his pale blue eyes had seemingly landed on one person in particular, and having priorly thought it might've been a love interest, your own eyes trailed to see Nate Jacobs suddenly standing oblivious under Fezco's dangerous glare. A red solo cup sitting on the edge of his pink lips, the prominent veins in Nate's hand pulsed the harder he clasped his fingertips around it. Fez was looking at Nate, who was staring down this mystery hallway at what? For a moment, studying Nate's odd behavior had tuned out the speakers and clouds of thick smoke that dispersed in front of your face. Now you had been curious. Was Nate looking for Maddy?

"I know why I'm lookin' at Nate, but what's your issue?" Fez spoke now, bursting your small bubble, and suddenly the room had been loud again. Crazy what weed could do. He took a drag from the blunt in his hands, eyes not breaking eye contact, and remained calm as he waited for a response.

"Does anyone really need a reason to stare down Nate Jacobs?" You scoffed. You then gestured towards the object in his hand, which he gave away willingly.

He smirked. "I just think maybe our reasons could be different, you know what I'm sayin'?"

Blowing the cloud of smoke away from his face, your brows suddenly furrowed. "What do you mean?"

"He's starin' down the hallway that Maddy went down a Lil while 'go."

Jesus. You didn't need anything further. Excusing yourself, you stood up from the living room couch and made your way towards Nate Jacobs. Fez would be just fine on his own. The closer you got, the harder it had been to not feel ten times smaller than you were. The man was massive, height and all. His head barely escaped from hitting the patterned ceiling, and you couldn't forget about how his pale hands swallowed the entirety of the cup he was holding. Goosebumps rose underneath your sleeved shirt as you thought about those same hands wrapped around Maddy's neck, and the purple mark they had left behind. A permanent reminder of the kind of person he was. Nate watched you watch him until you made your way down the same hallway, head facing forward. You swore you could hear him swallow a lump in his throat.

At the end of the said hallway, a man stood beside the door. This entire situation felt like some sort of obstacle course, where you must push through each and every single man standing in your way in order to get to Maddy.