CHAPTER 2: The Shadow Behind The City.

I walk down to my Household, and for that I need to pass the Lamplighter; that its just a great lantern that is the middle of our city, where our Muster take place. The Muster is just one day per month; in some months, the Muster take place in the first week, and others in the last week. But that is decide it by the Leader and the Congress.

"Hey, Newt, do you knew the big surprise?", a voice interrupt my thoughts. Is Carl's.

"Carlos, hi too" I answer him.

"Sorry, muchacho... Hi too" and he reach his hand unto me.

I reach my hands too, and then I "untie" a little laugh.

"And, yes." I say after all. "Alcalá send Clint to tell me that HE need to tell me somethin'."

"And ya'll go now?"

"I 'lready went with him." I answer him.

"So, ya know now?!" Carlos shout. "I'm, feliz for ya!"

Carl talks different; he said that when he got here, he already yalked like that, just like if he was wiser than everybody here. He says is a language, a different manner to talk.

"Me too... I'm... Feliz?..."

"Ha, ya need practice, mi hermano" he tell me and then turn around. "Okay, see ya later... Or tomorrow, in your Spring Day... I'll be there.", and then he smile me.

My Spring Day... I thought in every word of that phrase in my head until it hurts me. Tomorrow I'll see what all these thing about the Spring Day's about... Tomorrow...

After that I keep walking until I finish beside the Lamplighter. A slow blow of cool air hit the city completely, including me, and that gives me a good feeling.

All will be okay. I say to myself.

"All... Will... Be... Okay" I whisper mean I stop in front of my Household.

I open the wooden door and see Troy right in front the clock.

"I know I'll regret this question, but, what're ya doin'?" I asked and walk down to my bed.

"Well, at first I was thinking"

"Ya! Thinkin'?", and a snort instead of a laugh emerge through my mouth.

"Yas... I was thinking about the hours, and then I saw the clock... If the clock has twelve divisions what represents each division?", he make a pause and then he finger the clock. "Ten? One? Or what?"

"Five," I said seeing my shoes. " Each division represents a five." I stand up and finger each number of the clock. "One, is five. Two, is ten. Three, is fifteen. Four, is twenty. Five, is twenty-five... And all tha way like that, until, the twelve that means a sixty; and an hour has sixty minutes."

Troy keeps seeing the clock and then look at me.

"Oh.", that's all he says and then walk down to the door, he open it and then turn around to tell me, "Okay... You're smart... Aren't ya?"

"Yes... Sure, whatever ya say..." and then he smile me and shut the door after him.

The only bad thing about the Households is that WE need to share it with another person, and Troy is my partner. He is not bad all, he just is a little bit unusual or stupid. That's all. But he is a great guy, and knows how to cook; that's why he is still living with me.