13

JAY POV

I anxiously sprang out bed at the sound of my alarm. I've never been so ready for an hour flight in my life but it was something about the thought of being back in Atlanta sent my nerves into a frenzy. 

I missed Kenya. 

Though I couldn't bank on her going for seeing me, I would definitely find a way to her. I wanted to kiss her, hold her, and assure her everything she thinks about me in her head right now is wrong. This situation with Lauren doesn't even feel right and I can't lie like I'm not worried about how that would affect the potential between Kenya and I.

I close the last of my luggage and head to my car. Not really even surprised to see the devil herself. I brace myself for whatever dark cloud she's about to bring my way. 

"Already heading back to Atlanta?" she says more as a statement. 

"Business awaits." I nod. A silence fell over us. 

"I wanted to go with you." she blurts. I sigh, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Lauren, let me make something very clear to you." I lead her back to her car, opening her door. "Whatever relationship we had between us is not there anymore. I don't know why you refuse to grasp the fact that I no longer have the energy to entertain this anymore. The only communication that should exist between us really goes without saying."

"You know what Jay." She walks up to me with the angriest expression I've ever seen, slamming her door back. "If you think for one second you'll enjoy your life and I get this you are so wrong it's not even funny."

"Try me." I give her the same tone back. "You obviously knew this was coming. I don't know why the hell you insist on doing this to yourself. I never asked you to come here and I never told you to keep that baby." I walk away. I didn't want to be so ugly but she was definitely asking for it. 

"You should be glad someone loves you this much." she spat. "Your own parents tried to buy me for you. I saw through them and loved you for you and not the money they offered me." She says following me. I stop in my tracks, taking in what she just said. I knew my Mom set Lauren and I up but I didn't know she was this desperate for me to have children that probably would've never been in her presence in the first place because of my growing hate for them that just broke the scale. I turn around and look at her.

"How do I know this baby isn't a part of that?" I cross my arms. 

"Jay." she looks at me with sad eyes. I put my hand in the air. 

"DNA test that's it." I get in my car without letting her get another word in. I hear stories all the time about men, especially like me, being trapped often but I wasn't fool enough to start involving myself with a child that wasn't 99.9% mine. I let the window before driving off as she stood there. "And it won't be any source from you or my parents, I will arrange it myself." 

I made my way to my family's ranch, hoping I wouldn't run into them. It's sad how they think money can literally buy everything. Particularly why my relationship with them has been so ugly. 

Flashback

I place my hand over Kenya's mouth as we stood in the kitchen pantry, half dressed. She was giggling uncontrollably, I on the other hand was scared to death at what my parents would say if they caught me and the girl helping me pass already passing classes fooling around in the kitchen. They were fond of her but I don't think they'd be that fond of her. 

"I told you already Beth, I'm taking care of it."

"You are NOT going into OUR savings for half a million dollars without telling me why damnit!" my mom yells. I assume a plate or cup was thrown from the sound of shattering glass."