4

Sooooo sorryyyy for the wait yall. Promise to do better with these updates!

INLINE COMMENTS 

20+

ENJOY ♥

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Jay POV 

I groan as I bring myself to a climax with images of Kenya dancing clouding my mind. It's been a constant thing since the night I watched her dance. Is it crazy I haven't heard from her since then. I finish my shower in the same state of confusion I've been in since she 'forgave' me. Which I don't feel like she did because again, I haven't heard from her. But here's to another day of listening to Andre obsess over her. A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts. I quickly wrap my towel around my waist and head to the door to open it.

"You don't look happy to see me." Lauren stood in the doorway. She trails her eyes down to my towel. "Expecting someone else?"

"No, baby." I sigh pulling her into a hug.

"I missed you." she says into my chest. 

"I missed you too." I kiss the top of her head. A part of me definitely missed her. But the other part of me just wanted to be real about what's been going through my mind lately. This just wasn't the time or place. "What are you doing here?" I close the door behind her. 

"I figured since I had the weekend free I would surprise you." she says looking around the room. But I could tell she was doing her little investigating shit. I follow her around.

"Find what you're looking for?"

"Don't give me that." she laughs. "Just seeing if this is worth the money." she shrugs. Not like she was paying.

"It's the penthouse suite." I say in a dry tone. It was annoying that she was always looking for things despite never finding anything to fit whatever she thinks is going on. 

"So what do you do all day in this Penthouse Suite with a beautiful view like this?"

"Never here to enjoy it." I roll my eyes and proceed to get dressed. This is exactly what I wanted this trip to get me away from. The constant insecurity when I have never given her a reason to be. She was petty about it too. It was just downright childish. Even when I spoke on it bothering me she'd continue and I'd get distant til she made me feel shitty about it."

"Earth to Jay?" she waves her hand over my face. 

"Yes?"

"Nothing." she purses her lips together taking a seat on the chair. I could tell this was going to be a long day.

I park my car in the site garage and turn to face Lauren. 

"You look pretty." I give her a smile. It was nice to see her blush.

"Thank you."

"Now since you insisted on coming to work with me, I really need you to be on your best behavior okay. Really important people here ya know?"

"So I embarrass you now?" 

"That's what I mean, just come on." I shake my head and get out of the car. I walk into the building not really caring if she was behind me or not at this point. My patience was wearing thin. 

"Just the man I wanted to see." Andre says coming up to me. "Ah, you must be Laura." he sticks out his hand. "I'm Andre."

"It's Lauren." she gives a fake smile and shakes it.

"Right, forgive me." he nods. "Jay, you've done it!" he gives me this awkward brotherly hug. "I mean, I never doubted you man but Harrisburg took the bait and signed the deal."