2

Happy Holidays y'all!

Know I'm slacky af. Buttttt here's a short little update!

INLINE COMMENTS

20+

ENJOY❤️
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kenya POV

I turn over in my bed where I've spent the past two days, since I laid eyes on Jay Oliver. In that very moment it felt sick to my stomach. All the memories came back like they'd just happened, and I can't begin to explain how overwhelmed I've been feeling with the history I didn't want to remember.

"Oh hell nah, what's going on Kenya?" Jada comes in and open the curtains. I cover my eyes from the blinding lights with a groan.

"I'm just not feeling good Jada." I roll my eyes.

"Well, I didn't know your phone was broke." she crosses her arms and rolls her neck.

"It's not."

"So you've just been ignoring me huh?" she yanks the covers off of me. "On the real, what's going on?" she says. "You look like shit boo."

"Jay Oliver, is here. In Atlanta." I sit up shaking my head. She was quiet for a minute.

"Ohhhhhh the one from high school that you-"

"Yes." I sigh.

"How do you know?" She sits on the foot of the bed.

"He was in Heaven on Earth the other night. I saw him. I saw him see me, and I just kinda ran off." I shrug.

"This is perfect Kenya!" She stands up clasping her hands together.

"What? How?"

"You can finally get closure from the shit that happened with him and his family, that way you can settle down with Andre, peacefully. Meet up with him."

"I would rather not go back down that road."

"What's the worst that could happen? You finally get the chance to punch him in the face after all these years and you're not gonna take it?"

"Girl of course I'm gonna punch him in the face. Another reason I can't meet up with him. Plus he's the man that Andre has been blabbing about for months. The one he's trying to impress."

"That's even better! He will get to see you on the arm of a black CEO!" She claps as if she had came up with the most brilliant plan. I roll my eyes.

"Not happening." I sigh, finally getting out of bed.

"So what's gonna happen when Andre wants to introduce you to him?"

"What do you mean? We aren't together. That shouldn't come up in his head at all. I grab my phone reading the texts I'd missed from him. Only to shriek in horror to see that he had proposed just that.

"What girl?" Jada says getting in a her fighting stance looking around the room.

"Andre asked me to dinner, tonight, to meet him. You jinxed me Jada."

"I did not. I spoke it into existence because it's a great idea. And you have to go."

"I don't have to do a damn thing. And I'm not."

"Look bitch, you are going. You need to let this shit go for once and for all. And what better way to do that than making him eat those awful words you said he said to you that night, by showing up with Andre." She snaps. I take in her words, nodding my head.

"What should I wear?"

"My bitch." She says with a smirk.

I spent the next few hours preparing myself for tonight. I decided to go with a sleek ponytail to compliment my outfit which was a navy blue, off the shoulder romper, that hugged every curve. By the time I finished my makeup, the nervousness I pushed away seemed to come back harder than before. If someone told me a week ago I would be getting ready to go eat dinner with Andre and Jay, I would've laughed in their face. But here I am.

Jay POV

The idea was too perfect. I knew I would never be able to get her to talk to me voluntarily, but if her significant other asked she couldn't say no. Right?

I pull little pieces of my hair down from my bun giving it a slight messy look. I contemplated on undoing the top button of my white Givenchy button down. Of course I found myself undoing the top two, slightly exposing my freshly tanned chest.

As I parked at this fancy restaurant in Buckhead, I took a deep breath. I probably went a little too far with this idea for it to be the first time speaking after my parents basically forced me to break her heart. I never forgave them for it, and it plays the biggest part in why I distance myself from them.

"Reservation for Oliver and Lewis." I tell the host.

"Right this way my good sir." He says with a ridiculously thick French accent. "The other parties are already present."

"Thank you." I nod, following him. Upon making my way to the table, Kenya and Andre, stand to greet me. I shake Andre's hand first, not able to take my eyes off of Kenya since they landed on her.

"Mr. Oliver this is my uh, this is Kenya." He nods. I hesitantly stick out my hand to her. She wore an unreadable expression as she held out her hand. I immediately take it into mine, placing a kiss on it.

"Kenya." I nod. She doesn't say anything at all, and goes back to sitting down. I sat across from her.

"Hope you're okay with Dom Perignon." Andre says sliding me the bottle.

"Its tasteful. But I'm more of a whiskey man myself." I nod, pouring myself a glass. My eyes divert to Kenya, who was obviously avoiding making eye contact with me. "No disrespect Mr. Lewis but, Kenya is hands down the most beautiful woman I've ever laid eyes on." I shake my head. I look back to Andre, to see him giving me an uneasy look.

"I couldn't agree more." He says with a smirk.

"Thanks." She says dryly. Progress.

The rest of dinner was spent in pointless conversation with Andre about his business plans and ideas. Not a single word to me from Kenya. But I pretended to not even notice. She would have to give in at some point. She excuses herself from the table, heading towards the bathroom. At the same time the waitress brings the check. Andre and I both reach for it.

"I'll take care of it." I quickly grab the check and place my card in it. "Excuse me." I make my way to the bathroom area, making myself comfortable against the wall outside the Women's door. When she finally came out, I grab her hand, pulling her off to a dark corner, alone. She jerks her hand from my grip, looking up at me with the most angriest eyes I've ever seen. "Kenya-" I was met with her fist against my eye before I could say anything else. When my vision became clear again, she was gone.

That went better than I thought. But I expected this to blow up in my face, but I do have another trick up my sleeve.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Okay so this is short bc I lost the original copy I wrote. But the next one will be longer.

What do you guys think Jays trick is?

COMMENT!