Caught?

"Ko... 'Kaashi... why are you two awake?"
You hid your phone, hoping Shirabu would stay quiet.

The two boys kneeled down beside you.

Bokuto looked concerned. "Akaashi thought he heard something so he woke me up so we could check it out. And we find you here."

Akaashi stared at you. "Are you ok? Why are you sitting in the corner... and on the floor?"

"Um... well, I couldn't sleep..."
You looked away, hoping they wouldn't find out that you and Shirabu were on a FaceTime call.

The boys pulled you into a tight hug.

Bokuto put his head on yours. "Please don't have a panic attack..."

Akaashi's head was on your shoulder. "You didn't hurt yourself, did you?"

"No. I was just sitting here. I felt light headed after I got in here."

"Why did you even come down to the kitchen?"

"I wanted some milk tea. And I'm a little hungry so I was also going to grab a snack."

"Funny. I could've sworn I heard you talking to someone, and they were talking back."
The three of you looked up to see Kenma standing a meter away from you.

Akaashi stood up. "She was talking to us."

Kenma shook his head. "Before you two came down. I was on the couch playing with my psp. I heard her voice and another voice. I'm guessing it came from her phone." He pointed at the phone you had tried hiding in your lap.

"M-my dad called. He was checking on me."

Kenma raised an eyebrow. "In the middle of the night?"

"He knew I'd be up around now. Now, everyone go to bed. I'll get my snack and milk tea, then go back to sleep."

The boys just nodded and walked away. You sighed and grabbed some milk tea from your fridge. You placed your phone on the counter so it was standing. You and Shirabu looked at each other.

"Almost got caught."

"Yeah. That was too close for comfort. What do you think I should have as a snack? Ramen or actual food would be too heavy considering the time."

"You were serious about the food?"

"I got a little hungry. Now, gimme a suggestion."

He chuckled softly. "I don't know. Maybe something light... pocky?"

You looked at him. "Hmm... yeah I got some. I prefer chocolate. You?"

"What? You gonna give me some? In case you forgot, we're not in the same prefecture currently."

You pouted. "I know that. I'm just curious. What's your favorite pocky flavor?"

"I dunno. Maybe strawberry? I like macha too."

You smiled. "Ah yes, a man of good taste."

He laughed. "You too?"

"Of course! Favorite milk tea flavor, go!"

Again, he laughed. "Hmm. That's a bit harder. I like regular milk tea, as long as it's sweet. Maybe jasmine or rose?"

"Dude. We're officially best friends now."

"Oh? Just because we have similar tastes?"

"Yes."

Time-skip brought to you by