Chapter 3

My eyes flutter open to see the sun peeking through the cracks in the blinds. I groan as i roll over, the pain in my side very noticable. The sun shines over her golden hair that's framed perfectly around her head. I kiss her forehead and pull myself out of bed the pain increasing as i take in a breathe. I open the hallway door and tiptoe down the hallway. Dad is at work but being not being aware of when he might blow quiet is something that you learn at a very young age. As long as dad is asleep you dont have anything to worry about.

The warm water cascades my body and makes me forget about the pain. My eyes wander down to the drain as the amber liquid does a spin before plunging into the dark hole. I run my fingers through my hair and think about what i should do today. I contemplate leaving Jen at home incase dad ends work early but she will slow me down. I hop out and wrap my towel around my body while i wander down the hall. The scent of vanilla invites me in as i open my bedroom door. I put on a pair of skinny jeans and a fleece long sleeve shirt to cover the newly formed bruises. After a few coats of cover up and foundation my face looks almost new, the bruises arent as visible but can still be recognised.

Jenna,

Gone to the store be back in a little bit, make yourself some cornflakes and tidy up the apartment. Keep the door lockrd and if dad comes home early make yourself scarce.

Love,

Cammy

I stick the note to the wall across from her door so she'll be sure to see it and head out the door. I took on the motherly role when Jenna turned 2. After mom died dad lost control and stopped taking care of us. He used to only hit me but as soon as Jenna hit 7 years old she became a victem.

**Flashback**

"Jenna could you please put the dishes away?" i asked.

"Nooo!!!" Jenna screamed having a fit on the floor. Dad walked over very slowly with the look in his eye that gave me nightmares.

"Get off the floor." He said calmy, "Put them away" He spat. She got up off the floor and glared at him.

"No." She growled. His hand connected with her face within seconds. Her legs crumbled as she cried out in pain clutching her face.

**End of flashback**